Us Pear Shaped Women!

Options
I am the only pear shaped woman among my friends and I always wondered why it took my longer to shift the pounds that the other shaped girls - then I figured it out. I'm pear shaped; I'm destined to have the bigger booty and thighs :grumble: no matter how hard I work! It will get smaller but I will always have a big *kitten* :laugh:

Are any of you pear shaped? How are you finding it shift those pounds off the lower half?

Replies

• stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    lucky you! i want a booty :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Hi Deedun,

I am a total pear!!! The hardest part (I have lost a total of 50 pounds is the loose skin on my legs. I am happy that they are smaller but it sort of "hangs" in a gross way.

At first I was discouraged that I was losing a lot in my bust but as I have continues to lose it seems to be balancing out nicely.

I am currently 18 pounds from my goal and see that excercise is what is most important. I am thinking of buying those new sneakers that help for firm your bum and legs.

Any tips or thoughts from other pears?

DeeDee
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    The plus of being a pear??? Look at yourself in that long dress!!! We were just born in the wrong era! :laugh:
  • halldebora
    halldebora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First of all--remember pears have less heart disease than apples. Years ago I lost a lot of weight and thought I looked great until I saw a picture of myself. I had this emaciated face, no boobs and still had the big but and thighs. We can't fight genetics.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss DeeDee!

I have a big bust, which my h2b loves but I HATE! :laugh: I've had a small bust all my life until I piled on the weight and want to get back to that stage!

I find the back, stomach and arms the quickest to shed the weight. I have noticed the fat around my knees has lessened somewhat (will have to get the measuring tape out soon!) but the upper inner thigh area is a disaster along with my *kitten*.. Total disaster zone :embarassed:

If anyone has any tips for that area - please let me know :laugh:
  • JaneanAriel
    JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a PEAR and I love it! It is harder for me to drop the weight in my thigh area and my waist always seems to be small. Most women want that Coke Bottle Shape! It's all good.
  • deedun
    Options
    lucky you! i want a booty :)

You can have mine stacy!!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I just came to this conclusion the other day. It sounds funny, I know. But I always thought I was just "curvy" instead of "pear". No, I'm pear. I don't have the boobs to be curvy. Instead, I've got the hips and the booty and the thighs. And I must say that I am proud of it! Embrace it! :tongue: Men love curvy and hippy women. That's me! And my thighs - I don't think I'll ever be able to change them. My mother and sister are both the same way. But what I have learned is that I am so much stronger in my lower body than I am my upper. I stand with two pillars of strength to hold the rest of me up. This is why I was made this way.

Now if only I can find a good pair of jeans to match this "pear". :flowerforyou:
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    After the birth of my second daughter, I lost about 25 pounds and like everyone previously said no boobs or stomach all thighs and butt.....So nope you will continue to stay "blessed" with it no matter how much we loose.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Me me me! A pygmy pear :)

Thick thighs & wide hips! I lost 2 cups in bra size but the pant sizes went less easily! I like being curvy...but I know my Hubby likes it more than me lol I guess you'd call it a womanly, Botticelli shape. It's funny b/c from the side, I look smaller, than from a frontal view...thanks hips!

I would love some tips on toning the inner thigh area, as well!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Ashia I agree if I can't find a good pair of jeans to fit I will be good. They always fit the thighs and butt but are to big for the waistline.
  • Notenispal
    Notenispal Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am a pear shape too! I have the big butt but right now I have the big stomach too! I can't wait till that goes away! As for helping to tone our "problem areas" (butt, hips, thighs) there are a few exercises to tone the muscle but the fat will only leave when it wants too. We have no control with what fat goes away first. Lunges are a great way to help and holding weights while doing so will be an added benefit. Also, laying on the floor on your side, if you lift your leg that is laying on the other into the air, and bring it down slowly, that will help with your inner thigh muscles.
  • deedun
    Options
    It's funny b/c from the side, I look smaller, than from a frontal view...thanks hips!

:laugh: :laugh: yep that is me!!

Way to go on your weight loss! over 90lbs! Amazing!
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Ashia I agree if I can't find a good pair of jeans to fit I will be good. They always fit the thighs and butt but are to big for the waistline.

Yes! yes! That is my problem! If I shop in women's jeans, they fit my thighs great! But there's too much room in the waist line and it makes them sag - making my butt look lower or saggy. I hate that. If I shop in juniors, they fit my waist line and butt perfectly but my thighs are accentuated WAY too much and they look huge! It's complicated.
  • lulubenmom
    Options
    I fixed my pear shape buying some boobs to match the booty lol, now I have a shopping addiction - everything is so balanced it looks awesome!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    The best fitting jeans that I have found (although not perfect) are the Lee Comfort waist band. I can get them in a petite so they aren't dragging on the ground and from the outside you would never know there is elastic on the inside. It helps with the gap in the back. Like I said I still have that gap but it is nothing compared to other jeans.

I found them at Kohl's.
  • deedun
    Options

Yes! yes! That is my problem! If I shop in women's jeans, they fit my thighs great! But there's too much room in the waist line and it makes them sag - making my butt look lower or saggy. I hate that. If I shop in juniors, they fit my waist line and butt perfectly but my thighs are accentuated WAY too much and they look huge! It's complicated.

I have that exact problem too! I found that wide leg jeans work best for me right now...
  • lizeth004
    Options
    Pear here! I'm actually happy with the fact that I'm a pear you always have to look at the bright side we have tendency of being healthier and based on my experience man seem to life pears:wink: lol. I heard this on an article written by a personal trainer that toning shoes don't really do much for you and to just stick with what we all know works "Exercise" but I don' know much about it. Hip adductor exercises is what works for me, I have to work hard but it keeps everything in place :laugh:
  • Ashia1317
    Options
    Where can I find wide leg?
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I fixed my pear shape buying some boobs to match the booty lol, now I have a shopping addiction - everything is so balanced it looks awesome!!

lol..............that is very good! The best about me being chubby now is that I fianlly have C cups! AS I lose, sadly I will lose those. :(

I do love my big curvy bottom. My mom and sisters have long legs and flat butts..............they are envious of my big butt. When I find jeans that fit.............I stick with them. JC Penney's petite section has all the pants I need!