My success so far....

Options
I have my down days, but I'm so proud of myself!

I've been doing rather well! I intend to keep going but thought I'd post a pic and see what everyone thinks of my progress so far! I don't take many photos of myself (due to my weight) so the before picture is over a year old...I probably weighed around 240. I started actively losing weight at about 237lbs in September of this year. I've lost a total of 45lbs so far (19 of them on my ticker there) The after picture is at 40lbs lost!

My goal is 150. I'm now at about 192! I know I can do this!

http://s18.beta.photobucket.com/user/Storm-Wolf/media/melbeforeafter.jpg.html

Replies

• Storm_Wolf
    Options
    I can't get my photo to post.... :(
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    th_melbeforeafter.jpg

There you go. Great loss!
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    great job...looking good!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • songbirdtree
    Options
    Great job so far!!
  • Bountifulbooty
    Options
    You look great and are an inspiration! Keep going!!
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! keep up your great dedication!
  • Maddielen
    Options
    WOW.....45 pounds in essentially 2 months! How did you do it....please share the secret to your success.

I'm plugging away but losing only about 4-5 pounds a month. I'd love to know how you were able to lose ~20 pounds per month! Do tell.

You look great by the way...
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome job so far! Keep it up!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! THank you for sharing, you are such an inspiration! Keep it up, best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!! Keep it up!
  • bodaciousissa
    bodaciousissa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You will get there!!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    You look great keep kicking azz!!
  • Storm_Wolf
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so proud of myself for finally getting the nerve to do this! I've not been skinny (that I can ever remember) and I really want to experience a life with less restrictions!
    WOW.....45 pounds in essentially 2 months! How did you do it....please share the secret to your success.

I'm plugging away but losing only about 4-5 pounds a month. I'd love to know how you were able to lose ~20 pounds per month! Do tell.

You look great by the way...

No real secrets here. I cut out carbs for a month and dropped so much right away!

I have PCOS and I guess that was affecting my ability to burn fat as my body was storing it for...i dunno....the apocalypse? cause i darn sure do not need it now!

I did start off on a reccomended diet from my cousin (it was approved by her doctor) that started off consuming only very lean meat/protein sources for like the first week. then started adding fruits and veggies....so on.

BUT....I have decided that a low carb lifestyle is just working for me....plus eating less bread really cuts a lot of calories out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!