I start strong and rarely finish, need to stick to it

Options
I was an athlete and healthy until about 10 years ago. Several life events have thrown me for a loop and affected my physical health and led me to turn to food for comfort. Now, my body is out of control. I've lost the same 10-15 pounds and regained them again and again. I want to be comfortable again, healthy and not self-conscious. I'm glad to find this website, thanks to a friend, and am eager to try again. Age is a factor now, and I know it will never get any easier.

Replies

• aznikigirl21
    Options
    I hear that! I wish I had the energy I had 10 years ago. I am so good about starting something and not finishing it. Im so determined this time. There is something in the air. It's a good time for a change.
  • ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think alot of us can relate to that but I do believe there is a switch that turns on in your mind that makes you stick with it. I just wish my would turn on already!! lol Good luck and stay strong
  • monteriob
    Options
    As stated several of us are like that. Good luck - each and every day I have to remind myself today be kind to me and do what is best - including healthy choices in what I eat and how I exercise. Once an athlete - always an athlete - your body will soon remember.
  • DoubleAA
    Options
    I'll help you stick with it!! I'll help you dear one. Lord knows I need the help too. My husband isn't any help at all. We'll get together next week and I'll tell you about it.
  • stahlight
    stahlight Posts: 119
    Options
    same here, this year is going to be different... i just know it...