Have not lost any weight this week :(

Options
So ok my meals have been in small portion and I've been drinking tea, and doing exercises for at least a half
Hour. I'm drinking lots of water and eating healthy. So healthy that I manage to
Just have about 1000 calories a day, I have a pool in my
Community that I swim and enjoy the nice sun in Florida.
I have not lost any weight this week. I was hoping to lose
2lbs. Idk why I haven't seen any changes, and I also have hypothyroidism
And gain a lot of weight. I'm not taking message for it because of no insurance
And I looked up information for free clinics in my area but it's all far
And I don't drive, I've made calls and they told me that for a
Visit its $100 each visit.
What are supplements I can take for my thyroids?

Oh and is anybody doing zumba? I've been thinking of adding it to my walking
/ swim as well when I do arm exercises. I'm trying so hard but not seeing much of a result
And I've been eating healthy and exercising for the past month.

Replies

• xmusicxlovex
    xmusicxlovex Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough. You have to eat alteast 1200 calories or you will go into starvation mode plus you have to eat back your excercise calories or atleast half.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If your diary is accurate, you ate less than 600 calories each day on Thursday and Friday of last week. :noway: I just ate 550 calories for breakfast and fat is coming off my body like it never has before.

There's a misconception in dieting advice of "eat less and move more". Yes, you need to eat less to a certain extent, especially if your eating habits were to consume half a pizza, every other day, ice cream sundaes on a regular basis, etc, etc. But our bodies have basic calorie needs - the good old BMR, or basal metabolic rate is the estimated amount of calories our bodies need just to lay in bed all day - no movement, no getting up, just comatose - and for most of us, that number is above the 1200 calorie target that MFP gives most of us when we sign up. It's certainly higher than the 500 or 600 calories you had those two days. :tongue: We can't suddenly cut our calories so drastically and then start asking more of the body by exercising - the last thing the body wants to do in this situation is lose weight, but rather keep whatever it can.

So if you're upright, moving around, and exercising on top of that every day, don't you think your body deserves AT LEAST that BMR amount of fuel? :happy: Not giving the body enough food gives it a reason to store fat - not the goal we're aiming for here, right? Fuel it properly with good healthy food, with the protein, carbs and fats it needs to function, and to keep and build lean muscle while burning off that fat!

Read this thread - excellent info here on setting your numbers to a sustainable and healthy level that will help you achieve your goals: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Edited to add: Your thyroid issue may play a role in this too - I am no doctor and have no experience with thyroid issues, so maybe someone else can respond to that. I just know that eating more rather than less has been very productive for me and my fitness goals. My diary is open - have a look if you like.

Edited again - I see MFP has you set at 1640 calories per day - eat, girl! :bigsmile: Food is fuel!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Um, I hate to be blunt, but you haven't lost any weight this week because you are starving yourself. Your body is literally eating itself to survive because you are not feeding it.

For the love of God, woman -- EAT!!!!!! :noway:
  • PlusSizeGal
    PlusSizeGal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I do eat, I eat lunch and dinner... For lunch I sometimes have pita bread with either sardines or tuna
    With some tomatoes or sometimes I will have oatmeal. or a bagel with salami and cheese on it.
    I drink tea is used to have coffee, but stopped drinking it and
    Stopped drinking soda. For snack I will have an orange or a yogurts.
    First dinner I will have either broccoli, lettuce, tomatoes, fish, mash potato
    Baked chicken. These are the foods I normally eat. And I don't change my meals
    Much.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    First of all, weight loss isn't linear.

How did you get diagnosed with hypothyroidism? Wouldn't the doctor have prescribed you medication when you were?

Also, 1000 calories is nowhere near enough, especially considering your stats.
  • PlusSizeGal
    PlusSizeGal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yes they have when I was living in nyc. I was taking medication, I did had insurance while
    Living in NYC. I've been in Florida for almost 2yrs now and was deny twice from
    The Medicaid office in Florida. after the second denial letter, I reapplied again but still no word.