explain "spike" days or "zigzagging" please

Options
I have remained the exact same weight to the ounce for the past 3 weeks. I have lost a total of 28 lbs with only about 7 more to go. I am wondering if I need to change things up a bit. I eat 1200 calories a day and it worked very well for me. I looked to increase my calories by switching to 1.5lb weight loss a week or even 1 lb a week. Get this, to lose 1lb a week it only takes me to 1220 calories a day. That seemed ridiculous to me.

I have seen references to "spike" days or "zig zagging" on this site and I was wondering if that is something that may help me jump start my weight loss again.

For the first time in the 7 months that i started MPF I ate about 1800 calories on Saturday. I was depressed about the storm, felt very cooped up, frustrated about the stall in my weight loss, so decided to eat some more that day. Is that a "spike" day? How often should I do that?

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Look up Intermittent Fasting on the boards. Lots and lots of imformation about eating at different times and having high and low days which has personally worked for me. Nothing works for everyone the same way, but hey, It's worth a try.