Favorite Skinnytaste Recipes

Options
This has probably been discussed already, but I'm too lazy to search the forums (DONT KILL ME). Tbh, I'm trying to figure out what to have for dinner so I have enough cals for wine tonight (again, DON'T KILL ME), and I'm looking through Gina's skinnytaste website and EVERYTHING looks yummy. So, what are your favorite skinnytaste recipes?? I'm leaning towards chicken, but I'm open to pretty much anything (veggie dishes included). So lemme have em kiddos!

Replies

• lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Errrr anyone?!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I NEED WINE!! PLEASE HALP MEEEEEE!!! lol
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    These are two that I've made in the last couple weeks.

Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (SO INCREDIBLY YUMMY!!!!)

Santa Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i love the beef narley soup..you can totally change it to chicken
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Asian glazed drumsticks (usually make with thighs to serve to my kids) - so good.

And not a Gina recipe, but really good is:
    http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-thai-chicken-and-peanut-noodles/#.UE_II3Z88Ro.facebook

I really enjoy her latin crockpot dishes.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    These are two that I've made in the last couple weeks.

Skinny Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy (SO INCREDIBLY YUMMY!!!!)

Santa Fe Turkey Stuffed Peppers

YUM YUM!!! I haven't tried either of those yet. I'll check them out! Thanks! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    The chicken thighs with shallots is really good. Love her pork carnitas but too late in the day for you for that. Check what ingredients you have and go from there. Word of warning though-I have found that sometimes her nutritional data isn't right and her measurements for flour and oil are a little optimistic. I always have to add more than her recipe calls for!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options

LOVE this soup too! Too bad I've had it twice this past month, with loads of leftovers, and not sure if I can convince the fam to eat it again. Hahah
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just found one today that I am going to try. It is grilled chicken with spinach and melted mozzarella. Grill chicken, saute box of spinach with olive oil and then spoon over chicken on a baking sheet. Top with mozzarella and a thin slice of roasted red pepper and broil until cheese is melted. 1 cutlet is 153 calories.
    I am going to try this one night this week! Enjoy the wine!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Asian glazed drumsticks (usually make with thighs to serve to my kids) - so good.

And not a Gina recipe, but really good is:
    http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/skinny-thai-chicken-and-peanut-noodles/#.UE_II3Z88Ro.facebook

I really enjoy her latin crockpot dishes.

Wow that recipe looks soooo good!! Love those drumsticks too :) I feel like I'm running out of skinnytaste recipes even though there are so many!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I made the beef and barley soup last weekend, and it was wonderful! And her roasted red pepper soup is to die for!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    The chicken thighs with shallots is really good. Love her pork carnitas but too late in the day for you for that. Check what ingredients you have and go from there. Word of warning though-I have found that sometimes her nutritional data isn't right and her measurements for flour and oil are a little optimistic. I always have to add more than her recipe calls for!

Love shallots, and love dark meat... might have to go with that one tonight! Yeah, I noticed her nutritional data usually doesn't include salt either!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I just found one today that I am going to try. It is grilled chicken with spinach and melted mozzarella. Grill chicken, saute box of spinach with olive oil and then spoon over chicken on a baking sheet. Top with mozzarella and a thin slice of roasted red pepper and broil until cheese is melted. 1 cutlet is 153 calories.
    I am going to try this one night this week! Enjoy the wine!

153 cals?? wow... can't beat that. AND that means MORE WINEEEEE!!! hahaha
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually cooked anything from that site but it all looks very good. The one I got closest to cooking was the super simple steak/onions/peppers one I posted last week because it's so simple (then I derailed and made homemade meatballs because I felt like it).

I really suck at following recipes. I look at it, think it's a great deal, then go off on a "You're not the boss of me!!" tangent and make whatever tweaks I want to the recipe to make it my own.

Makes it hard to log for sure :P but it always comes out delicious.

Foolproof plan: Lean meat and some sort of veggies, roasted or sauteed... Super helpful, I am.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Going to check them all out asap!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I actually love the Bacon wrapped chicken bites - I made them for a football watching party - as simple as they are - they are really good and packed with protein. Add a slice of jalepeno in there for some bite - have a nice salad on the side, it's not a bad lunch/dinner!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I haven't actually cooked anything from that site but it all looks very good. The one I got closest to cooking was the super simple steak/onions/peppers one I posted last week because it's so simple (then I derailed and made homemade meatballs because I felt like it).

I really suck at following recipes. I look at it, think it's a great deal, then go off on a "You're not the boss of me!!" tangent and make whatever tweaks I want to the recipe to make it my own.

Makes it hard to log for sure :P but it always comes out delicious.

Foolproof plan: Lean meat and some sort of veggies, roasted or sauteed... Super helpful, I am.

Definitely helpful, you are ;P You make me want to eat this yoda sherbert I saw online the other day. SCREW YOUR PLAN.... sherbert and wine FTW!
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My hubby & I have gotten several new favorites from that website! At the top of the list is her Asian Turkey Meatballs w/Lime Dipping Sauce and her Turkey, Sausage, Kale, and White Bean Soup. We make them both all the time!
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have so many favorites, but the ones I have made multiple times are the Salisbury Steaks mentioned above, the turkey meatloaf cupcakes, and ALL of the enchiladas.

OOH, and the chicken and lentil soup! It's finally getting cool enough down in Texas to make a big pot of that!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Her chicken with mushrooms in white wine sauce is really good, and it already has your wine!! :)

I also love the skinny salisbury steak, 3 bean turkey chili, and spinach manicotti. I'm having leftover manicotti tonight and I'm wicked pumped.