Workout pants falling down!

Hey guys! I've always had the problem of work out pants falling down whenever I try to jog or do anything. I'm seriously considering hitting the gym for the first time like ever and it's something I'm extremely self conscious about. Nothing stays up. I don't have large hips and I definitely don't have a large bum (at least not large in the badonkadonk way lol). I've tried the tie up sweat pants, yoga pants, shorts, etc. I've tried larger, I've tried smaller. Anyone have this problem and what worked for you? I really don't want my first time in the gym spent pulling up pants every three seconds.

Replies

• lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    All i can say is try on a pair of stretchy sporty tights, try lorna jane, go heaps smaller if you gotta. I do not wear shorts cos they ride up my *kitten* i wear lorna jane tights when i workout but i also have hips and a medium sized *kitten*:)
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Compression shorts or pants will solve your problem.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    double stick tape?????
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    I wear Champion brand workout pants. They're super tight to your body. I never have to hike them up. I have a flat *kitten* so yoga pants and sweats just fall down.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Suspenders? One piece leotard? Safety pin to your shirt? Sorry I'm not helpful...
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    I wear Champion brand workout pants. They're super tight to your body. I never have to hike them up. I have a flat *kitten* so yoga pants and sweats just fall down.

I have Champion pants and shorts and they stay up great. My mom (no butt!!) has the same ones and loves them. She can't do sweat pants or they'll be on the floor before she gets through with her warm-up.
  • mjwarford
    mjwarford Posts: 35 Member
    I second the compression pants. I wear them and then just wear a longer top to cover up my bum.
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Have you tried pants with drawstring on the inside? That seems to work for me.
  • NHLeah
    NHLeah Posts: 48 Member
    No solution that you'd use, but I noticed that guys with an apple shape, wear suspenders. I have the same problem with pants not staying up and I figured that it was because I don't have much of a waist at the moment.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    I had that problem too! I was seriously wary of compression leggings but they TOTALLY work. I tried them on and jumped around a ton in the dressing room like a maniac, but it was worth it to find the right pair. When it's warm out, I just wear shorts but they HAVE to have drawstrings or they will not stay up. Good luck!