HELP.

Options
Right now I'm craving for some fatty unhealthy foods, and my mind can't get rid of it. I need to avoid this. I've been off track with my food diary lately, always going over everything. I'm chewing on a piece of sugarless gum and all I can think about are fatty fried foods. Any suggestions to avoid this will help. YEs, I've exercised already and my dinner isn't til 6.

Replies

• SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving sweets the chewing gum trick works but if I'm craving fatty foods eating almonds instead seems to do the trick for me. Good luck! Cravings can suck!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    hey girl, i just sent you a private message. I'm chewing gum right now too. write back when you get a chance!
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    get a big glass of water and a straw, just keep the straw in your mouth and keep sipping on it. Its hard I know to get the idea out of your mind. Hopefully there are no fatty foods easily accessable to you as you fight your craving.
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Phew, its not just me tonight then!!
    I am REALLY struggling tonight, craving loads of chocolate!!!
    I have also posted a thread like this one, i am hoping someone can help me out!!
  • faile486
    faile486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Would some sort of substitution help? Maybe having a smaller portion of a home cooked version of what you're craving? Cook This, Not That seems to have some good ideas. It contains some significantly reduced calorie versions of typical fried foods - lower in fat as well.

If that won't help, what about distraction? Do something you really enjoy, call up a friend, etc?
  • mehgan
    mehgan Posts: 1
    Options
    To solve the unhealthy craving feeling i go with the Special k bars.. their are some with chocolate on them that make them tasty.. and with only 90 calories, they are a good choice. Hope this helps :)
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    chicken (skinless, of course) coated with breadcrumbs and baked is really good...higher in calories than plain baked chicken, but that fulfills my need for something "fried". and then make some baked sweet potato "fries" and you've got yourself a satisfying, healthy dinner that fills your craving without filling your body with nasty *kitten*!!
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    do you have any jello or jello pudding? 5 minutes to make and that usually does the trick for me. super low cal! I'm making the ch. pudding right now! good luck!!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm at work and don't have any access to fatty foods, but I was thinking of getting a lays potato chip from the vending machine. I need to stop.
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Thank goodness I'm at work and don't have any access to fatty foods, but I was thinking of getting a lays potato chip from the vending machine. I need to stop.

Stay strong! At work I had to stop taking money in from the car.. that might help with vending machine purchases. I also agree with the almond thing OR i have these weird potato puff things umm.. Cheecha potato puffs that are cheese flavored and are 90cal for 2 cups.. they are a pretty good way to trick myself into thinking "cheesies!"
    I got them at the local bulk food store.