Replies

• Cgrnlaw
    Cgrnlaw Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I say have both....i do
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I use both...Mix my protein powder with the greek yogurt to make a yummy protein pudding....Why does it have to be the one or the other?

This^^^ a 1/4 cup greek yogurt in my shake - yummy good
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    why not have both as an option, if you like them both, mixes it up a little day to day...
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I use both. I'm after a lot of protein in my day so both is better for me. I even add peanut butter & banana to my protein/greek yogurt shake. Nom nom nom!!

If protein shakes bother your tummy, why would you drink them? There's plenty of ways to get protein.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I've seen recipes for smoothies using the Greek yogurt. Personally, I just have a protein shake with banana and peanut butter. But I haven't tried Greek yogurt yet! I do plan on picking some up next grocery trip to give it a shot.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like a bad idea to change it up from day to day, depending on what I'm in the mood for.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I avoid protein shakes because there's generally so much other additives. If I really want a high protein snack, I'll pull out a small 5oz can of tuna (26g of protein) although I agree that yogurt tastes better :-) You really like Plain Chobani? I prefer the fruit flavored which is a bit lower in protein than their unflavored.

Unflavored whey protein isolate doesn't have additives...the one I use is 105 calories and 25g protein. Tastes great blended with vanilla soy and frozen berries. Sometimes I add plain NF greek yogurt.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Your protein shake clearly doesn't have enough protein to even be considered a protein shake. My protein powder has 26g of protein per scoop.

**side note, greek yogurt is a great source of protein too.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Use whichever one you prefer, but Greek yogurt is a lot more expensive.

this!
  • athens1000
    athens1000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A couple things - Your yogurt probably has more sugar than protein shakes, so keep an eye on that.

If you are buying powder and mixing your own shakes, it could be the milk that is bothering you, assuming you are mixing with milk. I switched to lactose free milk a few years ago and its made a world of difference!!!

If its actually the protein that is bothering you, you could always mix them with water and fruits....

Hope that helps!
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    A couple things - Your yogurt probably has more sugar than protein shakes, so keep an eye on that.

If you are buying powder and mixing your own shakes, it could be the milk that is bothering you, assuming you are mixing with milk. I switched to lactose free milk a few years ago and its made a world of difference!!!

If its actually the protein that is bothering you, you could always mix them with water and fruits....

Hope that helps!

I mix mine with almond milk, when I finish this powder I'm going to try a different brand & see if that makes a difference.
  • ritalef
    ritalef Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I often mix my NF greek yogurt with water and Mio peach/mango and it tastes a lot like an Indian Mango Lassi, with tons of protein for few calories.
    What a great idea! I love mio!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FYA2012
    Options
    I MIX IT UP. I HAVE MY SHAKES (TOTAL LEAN) WHEN I NEED IT QUICK AT WORK. AND WHEN IM HOME AND HAVE TIME TO ENJOY I HAVE MY GREEK YOGART. AND SINCE MY PROTEIN SHAKE SOMETIMES ACTS AS A MEAL FILLER OR REPLACEMENT. I AM GETTING WHAT I NEED ON A GREATER SCALE THAN JUST A SMALL CONTAINER OF YOGART.