How to figure out what body shape i am?

Options
I have looked through some of the pics that people have put on here in the apple group>which is what i thought i was< But after looking i do not think that i am in that group ,so what would i be? Any pics of different people and their shape would be helpfull too!

Replies

• dez_yaoichan
    Options
    measure.

Bust Largest - Apple
    Hips Largest - Pear
    Bust/Hips Equal - Hour Glass
  • kellis155
    Options
    Do legs play into shape at all? I have giant tree trunk legs. Otherwise, I'd say I'm an apple but they say you're supposed to have small legs. It's so confusing.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    maybe this can help
    shape.png
  • jessienmiller
    jessienmiller Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    >dez_yaoichan< Well here are my measurements= Breast 36/ waist 27 3/4/ Hips 35 1/2 so does this make me hourglass? I do have big thighs though! The largest part of my thigh measures about 20'' around.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    I would say you are Hour Glass, boardering on Pear. Meaning- you have the figure most ladies are hoping for lol
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have small chest and hips, but a large stomach,...I am a perfect apple shape.
  • jessienmiller
    jessienmiller Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome i was really thinking apple but after looking all this up and measuring i can see hour glass and that makes me very happy!!. I still plan on trying to lose 5-8 pounds for my goal and to tighten and firm up. But would really love to get rid of the love handles and thigh fat Lol. Thank you all
  • mombert
    mombert Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe we're trying to fit ourselves into other peaples idea of shape, I have no shoulders (hardly) I can't even wear a bra with the straps wide set but my bust is far larger than my hips so I must be an apple pear???
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Check out mybodygallery.com You can look for women at your height and weight and specify body shapes.

From the measurements you gave you sound like you have an hourglass figure, maybe leaning slightly toward pear.
  • nancyaaa
    nancyaaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Check out mybodygallery.com You can look for women at your height and weight and specify body shapes.

From the measurements you gave you sound like you have an hourglass figure, maybe leaning slightly toward pear.

Thanks for posting that! Made me realise that I might just need to lose another 10kg - very do able!
  • Shunnie1986
    Options
    Im confused one site said I was an apple another pear,another straight,and one said pearapple help me please.
    40(bust) 35(waist) 43(hips)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I define myself as an pear-hourglass hybrid or a wide shouldered pear. I have small breasts (they were medium sized until I lost the weight :grumble:) but my shoulders and hips are similar width. Body shapes can be confusing, though. Lots of people think they're an hourglass, when in reality, it's very rare. There are also a range of body types, depending on what school of thought you go with.

This is mine. I'm more at the extreme end of pear/hourglass. If your body is like mine, you're probably a pear/hourglass too :)

396608_4905747881947_195740908_n.jpg

525739_4880237124194_663221666_n.jpg

155527_4793398993295_91255227_n.jpg
  • Shunnie1986
    Options
    Thanks guys I was so confused