Black Bean Hummus

Options
ohthatbambi
ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
I just made this. It is YUMMY! I like it better than regular hummus actually and I love that stuff!!

1 garlic clove
1 can black beans (undrained)
2 TBS lemon juice
1 1/2 TBS Tahini
1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
!/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
10 black olives chopped

Dump first 7 ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Put in bowl and garnish with paprika and chopped olives. You could also add some chopped cilantro as a garnish too.

Servings per recipe 8
Calories per serving 33
total fat 3g
cholesterol 0
sodium 223mg
Carbs 1.5g
protein .7g

I had my doubts when I blended it b/c the color was just ugly but wow it was good and I bet after sitting in the fridge for a day that cayenne pepper will kick it up a notch! I ate some with a few tortilla chips that I baked myself. A little less fattening than fried ones. Also would be good with crackers or pita chips.

Replies

• gennyvieve
    Options
    awesome---thanks for sharing!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump, How long will this hold in the fridge? ( does it have to be used within the standard 3 days?)
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    bump, How long will this hold in the fridge? ( does it have to be used within the standard 3 days?)

I don't know. This was the first time I made it. I would think it would be okay for longer than that. Everything in it with exception to the lemon juice was not refrigerated so I would think it would last a bit longer than three days.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    YUM! bump.
  • FriedPicklePrincess
    Options
    love it!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid, but...is it black? (I'm just trying to imagine putting a black filling on my sandwich bread or dipping carrotsticks in something black) Speaking of which, if it is black, it's kind of out-of-season, but that with carrot sticks would make a very cool healthy Halloween food. :bigsmile:
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ohthatbambi
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid, but...is it black? (I'm just trying to imagine putting a black filling on my sandwich bread or dipping carrotsticks in something black) Speaking of which, if it is black, it's kind of out-of-season, but that with carrot sticks would make a very cool healthy Halloween food. :bigsmile:

Yes, it is sort of grayish black. It is NOT pretty to look at it but it sure tastes good. It would be great at a Halloween party!
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome - thanks for sharing!!