new here- carb cycling?

Options
Hey my name is Dana.. I have begun here several times. I am looking for the one diet I can stick with and make a lifestyle change. I am now trying carb cycling. Is anyone else? If ya need a friend feel free to add me. the more support the better.. Thanks..

Replies

• songbirdtree
    Options
    I just googled that and it looks confusing! I've been trying to just eat high protein, low carb all the time. I eat carbs here and there, but I always aim to have protein in the red and carbs in the green when I complete my diary. good luck!
  • SweetNBeauty
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    My name is Latrice. I've not too long started changing my lifestyle. It would be very nice to have someone to chat with sometimes about our weight loss goals and eating habits. I'm still learning so I will be asking alot of questions! I need advice!!
  • knelson422
    Options
    I looked it up and this was a helpful sight: http://www.freeworkoutsguide.com/carbcyclingdiet.html Gave a few examples of different types of carb cycling diets. It sounds interesting and I may have to try it myself. I think everyone's body is different. For me, it doesn't matter if I stay under on calories, but go way over on sugars, I won't lose. It isn't just calories in and calories out for a lot of us. If you think this will work for you, then good luck. Believe in yourself!!! You can do this!!
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Carb cycling is great once you get the hang of it. And you can do it for life. I'm reading Chris Powell's Choose to Lose: 7 Day Carb Cycle Solution. It makes a lot of sense.

We have a group on here. Join us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3335-chris-powell-s-choose-to-lose

And feel free to friend me too!
  • toottoots
    toottoots Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i miss read the title as "Carb REcycling" - was totally confused for a minute Lol :)
  • danahake
    danahake Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. low calorie alone doesnt work for me.. its cutting down carbs and sugar that does it.. yes hard to do all the time so i thot every other week I can do that..
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    This program is NOT every other week. It's EVERY week. You alternate high carb days with low carb days. 1200 calories on low carb days and 1500 on high carb days, at least! I eat closer to 1400-1600 most days. If you eat under 1200 it'll really mess with your metabolism.
  • danahake
    Options
    I eat 1500 or less calories a day regardless. I was getting a lot more carbs sugar and fat in my diet tho before I started carb cycling. I tried just low calorie before and consumed white carbs and sugar and my body doesnt let go of the lbs. For some reason cutting back white unhealthy carbs and sugar works for me. I am not horribly over weight. I just would like to lose the 4 lbs ive gained a yr for 10 years.
  • danahake
    Options
    Got it thanks..