Hello!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Jill and I'm new (obviously).

Got a bit off-track this past summer, when I quit my job and moved back to my hometown. My goal is to be healthy again. Ideally, I'm trying to lose 20 pounds (get down to 120-125), but am more focused on getting fit and being healthy.

I work out 4-5 times a week and Irish Dance once a week.

I need people to help keep me motivated :) So add me please!

- Jill

Replies

• Keltinator
    Options
    Hi Jill :)

My friend does Irish dance, she's even gone to ireland once for dancing (we live in canada)! It's such a great workout, isn't it? I remember I tried it and i was sucking wind by the end, lol. Obviously she is A LOT more fit than I am...

Good luck on your weightloss journey!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah it is really hard, I did it about a year and a half ago. I got into amazing shape, and then an old injury caught up with me and I was forced to stop. Irish dance can make even the fittest person feel out of shape though. I'm looking forward to having amazing calves/legs again though. You should try it again :)

Good luck to you too!
  • Keltinator
    Options
    ahah yeah, it is really hard, especially when you have 20-30 lbs to lose because you're so close!

but yes good luck, and don't resitate to send me a message if you need motivation or anything :)
  • gypsygal2010
    Options
    oo! Irish Dance sounds really fun! Went to Ireland a few years ago, and was able to watch it in person.. one of the neatest things I have ever seen! Where did you learn how?
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    You should give it a try! There are Irish dance schools all over the place...I'm sure if you google where you live you can find one! I lived in ireland for a year and decided to start dancing a few years after. Let me know if you need any help :)
  • kdabis
    kdabis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HEY JILL!!! i need some motivation'ers too! :) But welcome!!