Hate Cauliflower? Trying to avoid potatoes? Try this!

Options
Hollycat
Hollycat Posts: 372
Steam a head of cauliflower (10 minutes in the microwave with a little water in the bottom and a lid ON). Cut into about 8 pieces and put in the food processor. Add some light cream cheese - it doesn't take much - about 1/3 of a small tub - maybe 1/3 to 1/2 cup to taste. Blend to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper. Skip the butter. You won't miss it. Enjoy.

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Oooh, sounds yummy, how many servings does it make? Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it!
  • jweyand
    jweyand Posts: 13
    Options
    I cannot stand Cauliflower, but one weekend I was in Los Angeles and we went to this restaurant called The Ivy. It's kind of a shi shi foo foo food place, but I ordered the halibut with cauliflower mashed potatoes (no potatoes in them whatsoever, just purely mashed cauliflower) I had a rough time trying it but my hubby insisted. I have to say, they were absolutely DELICIOUS and tasted nothing like cauliflower and really had that smashed potato consistency.

That recipe sounds really good and I think I might try to do it this weekend! thank you for sharing it.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    When I do mashed cauliflower in lieu of potatoes, I use a little garlic in it, along w/some Smart Balance light--both to taste. I already have one convert--a person who insisted they couldn't stand cauliflower.