Vegetarian Low Calorie Shepards Pie

Options
KeriA
KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
I don't make mashed potatoes any longer I make mashed vegetables (carrots, potatoes, cauliflower). Basically it tastes like a light version of mashed potatoes. You can put in some part skim ricotta cheese or low fat sour cream etc. I had some leftover after making turkey meatloaf recently. Tonight my pescatarian son was sick so I wanted to make something healthy for him and didn't feel like vegetable soup tonight. There is a recipe I have for potatoe mushroom bake so I used it to inspire me. I sauteed in olive oil onions, garlic, mushrooms (alot), and added spinach and a little sun dried tomato. Once it was ready I put it in the bottom of a deep pie pan. You could use a larger baking dish but there were only three of us. I spooned the mashed vegetables on top, grated just a bit of parmesan cheese on top and baked for 35 minutes at 375. There are mashed vegetables in the database and sauteed vegetables with these vegetables as well so that is how I logged it. Basically it came out under 200 calories for me tonight. My husband ate it with the leftover turkey meatloaf. Yum.