berry smoothies!

Options
have you got any recipes for berry smoothies for 1?
preferably without yoghurt?

Replies

• XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Blend 1 banana 1 cup frozen mixed berries with water until u reach desired consistency. Then just play around with your ingredients
  • lynnacuff
    Options
    i use berries banana and milk, usually 1/2 c berries 1/2 banana and half cup of 1% milk i do also add a couple of tbsp of yogurt because i like it...lol
  • Lisa6206
    Lisa6206 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use about 1/2 banana, a cup of frozen mixed fruit, that includes strawberries & pineapple, then add 1/4 to 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Then I add water or (and this is my favorite) orange/strawberry/banana generic Crystal Light. That really adds to the berry flavor! I don't use diary just because I'm trying to stay away from it, and with the frozen fruit you don't need ice. Makes a wonderful frozen treat that's full of antioxidants! It's my "after exercise" treat.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kadinlucas
    kadinlucas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a berry smoothie every morning for breakfast.

1 Banana
    50-75g mixed berries
    1/4 wholegrain rolled oats
    100ml milk (bit more if I want it not so thick).

I think its reasonably healthy, the oats add a bit of texture but are mainly there to fill me up a bit more so Its a decent breakfast, comes in at ~270calories and keeps me full pretty well.

I do add 2T yoghurt some days if I have some.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    1/2 c orange juice, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c frozen berries. blend well, adding ice if needed for consistency. You can also add a few Tb of plain yogurt if you want.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I eat berry smoothies for desert to meet my protein goal: ice, frozen mixed berries from Trader Joe's, and whey protein powder. I either make it with water or skim milk depending on how many calories I have left for the day.