BodyMedia Fit and MFP Integration Question

Options
As a new user of the BodyMedia Fit Link, I was wondering if anyone out there has figured out how it actually integrates with our MFP exercise page? Usually after I do my evening workout, I sync the armband to the website, which in turn should update my MFP exercise and food pages. It does have a "Body Media Calorie Adjustment" on my exercise page, but I don't know where that number is coming from.

For example. Tonight I did about 30 minutes on the stationary bike and I used my workout app for BMF on my Android to give me the calories burned (350). I put that number into my exercise page first, then I synced the armband and saw an adjustment ofo 297 calories. I got these two entries on my Exercise page.

Stationary bike, general (bicycling, cycling, biking) 30 min 350 cals
BodyMedia calorie adjustment N/A 297 cals

Showing me that I had a total of 647 calories of exercise calories burned. I am just curious where it got the 297 figure. The 350 was input manually by me, but was the figure given to me by the BodyMediaFit armband app when I was done with the 30 minutes.

If I looked at my activity manager, my calories burned at sync were 3403, calories consumed 1430 and calorie deficity was 1973.

I'm not really too concerned since I don't eat back my exercise calories and I really go by my activity manager data to see how my deficit is for the day. But I was just curious if anyone figured out the BM Calorie adjustment that happens on your exercise page.

P.S. I do love the device thus far with all the great data it gives and the syncing to MFP food and to my Android phone.

Replies

• lechristina3
    lechristina3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can't figure this out either. I look at my activity manager and see my calorie deficit (I don't eat back my calories either) to make sure it's in the appropriate range. However, I synced last night before I ate dinner, so I had about 800 calories logged and my activity manager told me I consumed too many calories. REALLY? So...I've had some issues that I'm not really sure what to do about.

But, I figure if my calorie deficit is where I want it to be then I can ignore everything else...because I know I did the work.
  • ck1223
    ck1223 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's confusing to me as well. What I find is the easiest way, is

1. Set your calorie goal on MFP as what the calorie consumption goal on bodymedia's website.
    2. Use MFP to enter in the foods you ate.
    3. Use bodymedia's website to monitor your calories burned and your calorie deficit. MFP automatically sends the calories you ate to bodymedia's website.

Thus, ignore the rest from MFP, and only use it to log your food.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    ^^ This totally makes sense. thanks!
  • lvdesertdiva
    lvdesertdiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's confusing to me as well. What I find is the easiest way, is

1. Set your calorie goal on MFP as what the calorie consumption goal on bodymedia's website.
    2. Use MFP to enter in the foods you ate.
    3. Use bodymedia's website to monitor your calories burned and your calorie deficit. MFP automatically sends the calories you ate to bodymedia's website.

Thus, ignore the rest from MFP, and only use it to log your food.

This is what I do too, and it works for me, I don't usually eat my exercise calories either.