Chocolate cravings

Options
Are there any healthy alternatives/options to eat when you're craving chocolate?

Replies

• Roxiesmother
    Options
    I have found small chocolate protein bars to be really good- they fill me up and by having that chocolate hit I don't crave the really bad stuff. Just make sure you make them fit into your calories and macros and don't have more than one. The ones I have are only about 100 calories each and just satisfy that craving and help me get through my tough time of the day which is after the kids get home from school.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    not really chocky but if its just the super sweet thing there are 2 things that do work and are pretty low cal too :)

marangue nests (i cant spell :sad: ) about 50 cals each for the palm size ones) you could even fill them with no sugar dream topping and fruit!

and also pink and whites or weight watchers have just brought our wafers with marshmellow and caramel in for 50 cals too!(but it normally takes a few of them)!

hope it helps x :blushing:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Try dark chocolate. Really, really dark chocolate.
    Aim for 80% or higher. You'll satisfy your cravings, and there's pretty much o way you'll finish the bar; it's very bitter (unless you're like me, and you love bitter things ;D)

Alternatively, put an egg in a cup with a spoonful of cocoa and a bit of stevia and bake in the microwave for a muffin with all the benefits of eggs and cocoa. Om nom.
    Fruit's also pretty good, so are nuts. I also like to have some carrot sticks, pickles and sea weed handy for snackage.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    A peice or two of dark chocolate is healthy. Recently I bought some tiny baking dark choc buds and I can have 10 of them for only 26 calories. Nice to slowly nibble on them :)
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If I want chocolate Ill have one but normal a small time-out bar or even normal size chocolate bar and still keep on track.

I'm not sure there any healthy alternatives to chocolate other then dark since its the sugar added and added stuff to chocolate which makes its fatty.

I always say everything in moderation never deprive yourself of anything because that will make it harder for you just keep logging everything and you will see that you can justify having a chocolate bar every now and then.

Laura x
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Give in to the cravings! Dark chocolate is a good way to get a lot of chocolate satisfaction with only a small amount. It's so rich it only takes a little bit to calm the craving and you probably won't even want or need to eat a full serving size because it is so strong. Get the best quality and savor it slowly.

I used to think it was too intense, but I've come to prefer it over time. My husband and I have a nightly dose of it. I just don't see chocolate as a bad thing as long as it fits into your calories and you aren't eating so much that it cuts out more nutritious calories.
  • tinypenetration
    Options
    I don't really like dark chocolate but I'll try the egg and cocoa powder muffins !!
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'd say have a small piece of whatever type of chocolate you like. It's better to weigh it so that you don't eat too much, but a small piece of 10 grams is about 60 calories. I have chocolate thins in my desk drawer at work, 5grams each (=30 calories only!), for whenever I have cravings and it always satisfies me without making me feel guilty.
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    A Low calorie Hot chocolate drink or chocolate phillidelphia works for me :)
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Personally, for me a little bit of dark chocolate does the trick. And it's really good for you! Maybe try a different brand.
  • Lazytoad2001
    Lazytoad2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Options hot chocolate always works for me and at 40 calories doesnt break the daily total either :)
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I just have chocolate, I have a Cadbury Freddo which is 95 calories and enough for me, Options drink or really dark and bitter chocolate. Either way chocolate in itself is ok as long as you go easy on it.