Sodium Mind Boggle

Options
If you work out each day, does the recommended intake of sodium increase as you would be sweating it out, or similar things?

I have read that you should try to consume less than 2300mg of sodium per day, but was wondering if this is still true if im doing at about 80-120 mins of intense exercise each day?

When i log my calories, sodium intake, and exercise on MFP it tells me im always in deficit and as i am vegan i dont have a high sodium in take anyway but i was just curious
Ive noticed that some foods, such as my seaweed balls, have a high-ish amount of salt so need to know how many of them i would be able to eat without putting my body under strain

I do not have high blood pressure...i actually have a naturally really low blood pressue due to several heart issues ive had since being young, so hypertension isnt overly likely

Thanks all!

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You don't get to eat more sodium if you workout more. If your doctor hasn't told you to keep you sodium at a certain level, I wouldn't worry about how much you're eating.