Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Truth for me!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have found truth in this, yes. I also find that if I am drinking as much water as I should be, I'm not as hungry. Obviously water is not a cure for actual hunger, and you do have to eat, but if you make sure you're consistently drinking water throughout the day you may find yourself less hungry.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I heard this comment also and I think that it has some truth to it.
  • bertabird
    Options
    TRUE. I know when I haven't been drinking enough water. I drink 1/2 gallon of water each and every day. I also have green tea with my meals. It truly does work.

I drink 1 cup of water before I sit down to eat. I drink a cup of green tea while I eat. I drink another cup of water after I eat. I end up full and the water really helps in the digestion of my food.
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Does it only apply to water, or can it apply to tea/coffee as well?
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    This is how I stay full on chinese food :) All the salt... makes you thirsty but you feel hungry.

It works, but recently I've been letting my water intake slip :( Thanks for the reminder.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    This sounds accurate. I probably need to start following this advice more. :smile:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It has helped me, it also helps with the people that eat til they're full. I find I don't eat as much if I have some water before I eat because I feel like I've had enough sooner.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    It's very true.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder! I just had my son get me a glass of ice water. ♥
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I agree....when I feel hunger pains I now think, "How much water have I had today?" Many times it's actually hunger. The extra glass of water won't hurt you anyways!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    One time, my sister went to have blood drawn for a test, but she was so dehydrated her blood was thick and muddy and they couldn't draw any of it.

They had her drink a few cups of water, sit down for thirty minutes... then they were able to draw a sample.

We are made of water. :D Chug away so your blood doesn't look like Galveston beach.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    One time, my sister went to have blood drawn for a test, but she was so dehydrated her blood was thick and muddy and they couldn't draw any of it.

Could be a pokemon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG5k5evDEGimYFVI3uKoDWAYoDeEFOz5VZ38op_Y5tG93IG5UOnWjXzwn-Bg
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Could be a pokemon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTG5k5evDEGimYFVI3uKoDWAYoDeEFOz5VZ38op_Y5tG93IG5UOnWjXzwn-Bg

Holycrap you're probably right
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that it is true. But water will fill your stomach and make it think that it has had something to eat but I can tell if I'm thirsty or if I'm hungry.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i have a latte or cappuccino instead of eating but that has lots of milk and sugar in it
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I do it. Especially with lunch time. If Im hungry more than 3 hours before I last ate, I will drink 15-20 ounces and wait. If Im still hungry, I eat. Also works on weekends when my schedule is off.

And if I really am hungry after I drink the water, I end up eating less because the water filled me up a bit.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I have found it to be true, sometimes I experience slight hunger an hour after a meal...and it's when I am thirsty or neglected to drink enough earlier that day. After drinking a couple glasses of water , the hunger is gone, and it doesn't come back 30 minutes later, either.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    It is true. Here is why. Your body doesn't just get fluids from what you drink. It also gets fluids from food. If you regularly do not drink enough fluids or very little fluids you are primarily getting the fluid you need from food, then your body learns to give you a hunger signal in order to access fluid.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say that, but it does not work for me. Usually, if I'm hungry I want something substantial, not a liquid-it just doesn't do the same thing for me. Others may be different.

I sort of agree with you. When I'm hungry, water isn't going to make the pains go away. I pretty much drink water all the time.