Weightlifting DVD

Options
I enjoy a bootcamp class 3xs a week and I run 2xs a week and usually do a video (p90x, JM or Brazillian BL). I'm getting bored and would really like to learn how to properly start lifting. I want to do the Les Mills series but $200 plus I don't need the weights I actually have them but really don't know what to do with them. Has anyone used the Rushlift dvd's and if so do you actually use weights? Also open to DVD lifting suggestions. Thanks for any imput.

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    You should consider trying ChaLEAN Extreme which doesn't come with weights so it's much cheaper ($89.95). The focus is to lift as heavy as you can for a shorter amount of reps. The program is 90 days and is broken into 3 phases so you will see progress by the end. Here's a link to the information - http://www.teambeachbody.com/workout-routines/chalean-extreme-workout

Regards
    Sharon
  • shanighias
    shanighias Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Try one of these "Strong Body Fit Body" ChaLEAN Extreme" "The Biggest Loser Power Sculpt" ...........I wonder how you can get bored by p90x and Jillian Michaels :P
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm on. Day 36 of P90x. It's a good weight lifting DVD program!
    Since you already have weights. I'm also thinking about les mills pump. I think you can just purchase the DVDs without the weights
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I don't know about that one but I use DVDs by Cathe Friedrich found at cathe.com. A lot of people say her Pure Strength series is great for form pointers but it's one of the few I don't have. I started weight work with the Gym Style series which I LOVE :D. You may also like her Bootcamp and Drill Max videos. They are super fun and may add some variety to the workouts you already like doing.

Have fun :)
    Jay
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I'm on. Day 36 of P90x. It's a good weight lifting DVD program!
    Since you already have weights. I'm also thinking about les mills pump. I think you can just purchase the DVDs without the weights

No you have to buy the program as a kit with the weights and 2 riser step included. The step acts as your weight bench.
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips, I'll be looking into some of these videos. Much appreciated :-)
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If you want to learn proper lifting, you could look at a program like Starting Strength. You'll need access to a gym.

if you want to do cardio with tiny dumbbells in your hand, by all means exercise in front of your TV.

Also, your pug is awesome.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I didnt realize this. I am thinking of trying Les Mills Pump myself.