First Protein Shake!

Options
Hi,

I decided on taking protein shake, because of the lack of protein in my diet and aid in my fat loss.

So I had my first protein shake at 12pm today, and I can not believe how full up I feel! Before having the shake I did eat an egg and turkey slices for breakfast. But for the first time I feel so full! Its nearly 3pm and by this time I am always craving food and very hungry!

I still need to eat my lunch! But feel so full! I don't know if I should eat a lunch or leave it for another hour?

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Well as long as you eat in accordance to your goal, the timing doesn't matter. Feel free to have your lunch whenever you want :)
  • cricketpup
    cricketpup Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am going to get some protein shakes. I lack protein in my diet. :smile:
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    Good for you .on the protein shake what's in it I would love something like that for in morning I never feel full with the one I make .I would say eat when you hungry..
  • juhusun
    juhusun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply friends!

Yes, after my electronic food scales, body measuring tape, I feel the protein shake is the next best investment I have made. Well judging by today that is! I could not believe how full I felt just by one shake! I have had smoothies in the past, which have never filled me up. I guess its the "protein" in the shake which is the major difference!

For me the 12-4pm slot is the time where I would over eat and binge or just have food on my mind! But what a difference the shake made! I wonder if the protein bars would have the same outcome. Well I am really happy with day 1 on the shake!

Its true what they all say about them, its something to look into I guess if you have protein lacking!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I do GNC Lean protein shakes (Loving the holiday flavors Pumpkin Spice and Peppermint Mocha). Also I like the Quest Bars and the Supreme Protein Bars. Check out the Quest and the Supreme Protein Websites. Awesome flavors and if I eat a bar for breakfast @ 0630 I'm not typically hungry until 1300-1400.
  • cricketpup
    cricketpup Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Is there a brand that's better than the rest? I really need to do this as I lack protein in my diet.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Is there a brand that's better than the rest? I really need to do this as I lack protein in my diet.
    It depends on what you're looking for. Before I went vegan, I used nectar by syntax because it tasted good, had zero sugar, zero carbs, and zero fat. The main attraction was that it was pure protein so no extra calories. The ones I use now are the vitamin shoppe soy free vegetable protein (100 calories, 22g protein = 88% calories from protein) but it has about 4 carbs per serving and I think a gram of fat, but it's still a much better protein/calorie ratio than vega one or some of the other popular vegan proteins and it was pretty cheap. The other one I use is some vanilla rice protein powder (60 calories, 12g protein = 80% calories from protein) and it tastes really good.
  • hms142002
    Options
    I need to add protein to my diet as well. And I have the same problem as you. If I have a protein bar, I just don't feel hungry and can't meet my calorie goal for the day.

any thoughts any one?