The lamest NSV ever

Options
justal313
justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
This morning I was mixing up tuna for my lunches for the rest of the week. Once I was finished I had a spoon with mayo on it. In days past I would clean the spoon by eating the mayo.

I turned on the faucett and washed off the spoon before putting it in the dishwasher...

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's not lame! That's a victory :smile:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Wait...what's wrong with licking the spoon?
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That's not lame at all! That's awesome! Congrats on changing your habits!
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Absolutely a victory!! Woot Woot for you!!!:smile:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    That's not lame! You won a small battle and it all adds up so it counts! Congrats!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    This morning I was mixing up tuna for my lunches for the rest of the week. Once I was finished I had a spoon with mayo on it. In days past I would clean the spoon by eating the mayo.

I turned on the faucett and washed off the spoon before putting it in the dishwasher...

A bit confused, if you washed the spoon off then why do you need to put it in the dishwasher?

But hey you saved yourself 100 calories for the day!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Not lame at all!! It's the little things that count!!!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i think that is actually pretty awesome! keep up the great work!
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yahoo!!!! Please don't consider it lame. I celebrate myself each time I do the same thing! LOL Congrats on taking the steps to change a habit to one that is better for the waistline! :)
  • justal313
    Options

A bit confused, if you washed the spoon off then why do you need to put it in the dishwasher?

But hey you saved yourself 100 calories for the day!

Germs. Dishwashers don't clean anything, but boy do they sterilize!
  • justal313
    Options
    Wait...what's wrong with licking the spoon?

I would be consuming calories needlessly. The mayo is needed for the tuna but not for just simple eating.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would be consuming calories needlessly. The mayo is needed for the tuna but not for just simple eating.

Nothing wrong with that, buddy! Everyone's NSVs are different, and this one is yours. Congrats on it!
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think that's a GREAT NSV!
    Every little bit helps!
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    what you should have done is flicked it onto the floor and then burned an extra 10calories cleaning it up!

Seriously though, a battle is won with many small victories.
  • pinkpiggy123
    pinkpiggy123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle changes happen just like this! GREAT job! And excellent job noticing that you did it! I still have to fight mentally to resist sometimes, haha. Like it's 'wasting' food or something, right? I totally hear you!
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH for self-control!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Excellent!

I swear one reason mom's don't lose their post-pregnancy weight is that we all clean off our kid's plates because it's a shame to throw away good food.
  • madworld1
    Options
    WTG. That's not lame. I still lick the spoon-- but, not mayo. PB for sure.
  • madworld1
    Options
    Oh, and cake batter. ha.
  • btwalsh132
    btwalsh132 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Its a great victory! You've changed your thinking. Congrats.

But I agree. If it was cake batter.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!