Hey there!

Options
Hey everyone,
So I decided to join this site yesterday when I was on yahoo answers looking for a way to slim down.
This girl gave me the name of this site and after reading all of your blogs and stuff, It really motivated me
Today is Thursday Feb 28th. Day one of my diet, and I'm doing good!

I have tried to diet in the past but never had enough motivation. Its hard doing the whole "diet" thing
by yourself. you know what I mean.

So i am hoping that I will get the support and motivation to actually go through with this diet. I am hoping
for a long term goal of losing maybe like 100 lbs. my current weight is 252 as of today, and I'm done being
the "fat girl!"

Its time for change, for an experience that I will never forget!

Let's do it together!!!

Its so nice to be here, and be so accepted by everyone!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    Welcome Meiya!

Find a group or two to join in the "Motivation and Support" tab. There are groups for every need, it helps you meet people and have somewhere to be accountable. Just jump in anywhere, you're always welcome. :flowerforyou:

There are lots of people here who have lost well over 100 lbs. You can do this. Keep coming back when you need help, support, when you're bored or wanting a hot fudge sundae - whenever. Read and write and make friends!
  • tellme1
    Options
    Hi. I just joined today too! Let's get this done once and for all!

Michelle
  • Afterbabybikinibod
    Options
    I am good with eating well...I need motivation to exercise!!! How do people get up at 5am and workout or go through a 9 hour work day and then jump on the treadmill with a smile. I hate exercise with a passion...does that ever change???
  • bridgetrobbins
    Options
    Hi everyone! I found this ap on my iphone and love it! I was doing weight watchers online before but this is just as good and it's free!!! I am excited about reaching my weight loss goal! We can do it!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    So I decided to join this site yesterday when I was on yahoo answers looking for a way to slim down.
    This girl gave me the name of this site and after reading all of your blogs and stuff, It really motivated me
    Today is Thursday Feb 28th. Day one of my diet, and I'm doing good!

I have tried to diet in the past but never had enough motivation. Its hard doing the whole "diet" thing
    by yourself. you know what I mean.

So i am hoping that I will get the support and motivation to actually go through with this diet. I am hoping
    for a long term goal of losing maybe like 100 lbs. my current weight is 252 as of today, and I'm done being
    the "fat girl!"

Its time for change, for an experience that I will never forget!

Let's do it together!!!

Its so nice to be here, and be so accepted by everyone!

Hi Meiya, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarrassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade ice-cream! :love:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. :noway: For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • kiwiraz
    kiwiraz Posts: 34
    Options
    I have the same issue with exercise, but if you find something you actually enjoy doing it helps a lot. It doesn't feel like something you have to do but instead is something you want to do. This week I started a new routine. I get home from work, put dinner in the coven and do a 2 mile walk tape by Leslie Sansone. And the best part is that when the cwalk is done I get to eat!
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh hey! I was the one who answered your question. It's good you decided to join :smile:
  • SimplyChaotic
    Options
    Hey,
    thank you so much for showing me this site binkyb00
    I already feel like part of this MFP family.
    with all of everyones support and motivation.
    We all can lose the weight that we want to and
    know that there are other people out there who
    are going through the same thing as I am.
    And that in itself is a real nice thing too.
    Because then I know that I am not alone!

Thanks everyone,
    Meiya