My weight

Options
well today I decided to take a life changing decision. I decided to lose weight. To be hear longer for my kids. To show my kids a healthy parent. I weigh around 240 well 6 months ago when I went to the doctor That is what I weighed so give or take probably give some pounds. I asked my doc what I should weigh and after doing a couple of test's. Dr. Gupta said I need to be around 115 lbs because I am small boned and short. So today is the first day of the rest of my life. Thank you all for your support.

Replies

• DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm sure with the tools on this web site and the strong community there is here, you'll find it a lot easier and more enjoyable to lose the weight! Good luck :-)
  • caristear
    Options
    Congratulations on taking that first step and good luck!!!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and Congrats on making a change to improve your life..
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    well today I decided to take a life changing decision. I decided to lose weight. To be hear longer for my kids. To show my kids a healthy parent. I weigh around 240 well 6 months ago when I went to the doctor That is what I weighed so give or take probably give some pounds. I asked my doc what I should weigh and after doing a couple of test's. Dr. Gupta said I need to be around 115 lbs because I am small boned and short. So today is the first day of the rest of my life. Thank you all for your support.

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also under "Community", then "Weight Loss and Healthy Living", then "general diet and weight loss help", and then check out the first few threads. They'll REALLY help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Just the word "diet" would make me cringe and set me up for failure. :grumble: It meant depriving myself of all the "good stuff" out there, and as a result, I'd only last just so long, (maybe a few weeks if I was lucky!) and then I'd "cave" and go right back to eating all those "goodies" again! :embarrassed: :cry: But, MFP ISN'T a "diet". :noway: It's a "lifestyle change". :smile: (When I first read that, I said "Ya, SURE it is!", thinking that it WAS just another diet. :grumble: But, it wasn't! :noway:)
    The main reason that I've managed to lose the weight that I wanted to is because I HAVE been able to eat "real/good" foods. :bigsmile: (Not Slim Fast or any other easy, quick, fad "wacko" diets!:noway: ) Through MFP I learned that I just needed to "work for it", through exercise, and watching my numbers (MOST of the time! :wink: ) As long as I do that, I CAN occasionally have stuff like Chinese food, a double cheeseburger, pizza, and even homemade ice-cream! :love:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. :noway: For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!:wink: ) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria") :love: :happy:
    It's free, (unlike a gym!:grumble: ) fun, :smile: and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
    MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES work! :love: :happy: Give it a chance, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • schnicklefritz1
    schnicklefritz1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey BrenNew, I am also new to mfp, this is day 3. I have finally started using my Wii Fit and I loved it today. I just had surgery 3 weeks ago, so I can not "GET INTO IT" yet, but I did the step, some of the kung fu, some boxing etc. I can not wait until I am released to do more in about 3 more weeks. I love this site though too...it is a life style change.
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    Welcome! This is an awesome new site to get good advice and make great new friends!:happy: