Better than Visalus? 80

Options
I have been using Visalus as a protein shake for breakfast. I have stomach issues and cannot eat solid food in the morning or late at night. Visalus has helped me because . . . if I actually drink it in the morning I avoid a post gym or mid day binge. Protein shakes are a staple for me if I am going to successfully shed the last few pounds and not work my *kitten* of in the gym in vain. I buy it from Amazon.com and I am in no way affiliated with the Visalus company, I do not sell it.

Over and over I have heard what a waste of money it is. How there are way better and chaper shake mixes available.
I have done some shopping and have not come up with anything. I would like some suggestions for a protein shake that meets these criteria.

-Equal to or less than 90cal per serving
-Equal to or less than 7g carb per serving
-Equal to or less than 1g fat per serving
-Equal to or greater than 12g protein per serving
-Equal to or less than 1g sugar per serving
-Equal to or less than $45 per month supply
-Must taste good!

If someone can come up with one I will consider switching. Anti Visalus people GO! :)
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• toberdawg
    Options
    I am surpried at the lack of response . . .

There must be something better out there after all the "to do" about how aweful Visalus is . . .
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I dont have a negative against Vi at all but I really enjoy the protein shake powder I use.
    Core 4 Lean by Xyngular
    44cals
    0fat
    1.3g carbs
    0sugars
    10 protein.
    Not exactly the break down you were looking for but close.
    Tastes good and reasonably priced. Tons of vitamins and minerals.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    Thanks! It does not have to be exact, just similar.

Where do you buy that powder?
  • toberdawg
    Options
    If the product works for you, then you simply are looking for something equivalent but cheaper, correct?

Yes! Cheaper and maybe something I can just pick up in a store!

And, I fgured with a bunch of the members posting abot how terribe it is and all the better options available I was missing something.
    Visalus hs worked great for me and I will readily purchase another bag if there are no better/cheaper options.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump, I'm curious.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I don't do the shake thingys at all.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I don't do the shake thingys at all.

If your stomach was like mine youmay find that is the best (least vomit inducing) option! :)
  • toberdawg
    Options
    Thanks.

But, I know people who have become involved directly with the company and opted out to purchase from amazon because they had difficulty selling the product. I would be a aweful sales person! It's just not my personality to sell things.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    If the product works for you, then you simply are looking for something equivalent but cheaper, correct?

The solution is simple -->> You should become a *customer* of a ViSalus Promoter.

Here is Why:

1. You can get your product/kit for FREE, and the promoter will help you do that.

2. There IS nothing comparable out there. On the surface, it appears that there are similar products, but they are indeed different. If they taste as good, they lack in some other area.

3. When you become a customer, you have one on one access to the promoter, who has access to tons of information that they can share with you about the product, side by side comparisons, and SUPPORT. Not only support from the promoter, but the online community is HUGE. Promoters have access to send questions straight to the Scientific Advisory Board as well.

I'd be happy to give you side by side product comparisons and/or just sit and chat personally about it. I was on a quest to find the negatives about the products/company too. I'd be more than happy to talk and give you whatever you need to make the best decision.

I intended to quote this in my last post!
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I just thought that with all the anti Vislus people on this site claiming there are better shake mixes out there I would get a plethora of suggestions!

Where are you all now?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Most people claim you don't need shake mixes not that there are better ones.
  • shanerg70
    shanerg70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What are their reasons it is so "terrible"? Can you confirm the information or is it just opinion? I've done the research. I have friends in the medical field that have taken the info to their doctors (the ones they work for) and all have received the "thumbs up that it is good stuff. Even more, if it were crap or a scam, top people would not be jumping ship from Herbalife, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, just to name a few.

The body works correctly when it gets the nutrition it requires. Everything, all of the processes, including muscle building/repair, fat storage and release of it, all work the way they are suppose to when you feed the body right. It is a *nutrition* shake that provides you with 30% of your daily RDA per shake.

They are not stingy with the 3 for Free program. Heck, nobody wants to pay for it! You don't have to be a promoter to get your product free. Just a customer. I heard a statistic a few days ago, that ViSalus gives away *4 Million Dollars in Free Products Every Month.*

We should never be cheap on ourselves! You only have one body, so you need to take good care of it. I believe in terms of "protein" shakes, you get what you pay for. Be SURE to look at ALL of the ingredients, along with the sodium & sugar. You get what you pay for, and ViSalus does not use cheap ingredients. They have gone the extra mile to make their product something darn near everybody can use - diabetics (it's sugar free), people with gluten intolerance (it's gluten free), high blood pressure (very low sodium). Again, I'll give you the comparison sheets. Then you can go out and verify the info on your own.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    Most people claim you don't need shake mixes not that there are better ones.

If you have health condition that requires you to not eat solid food at certain times of day you might. . .
    My stomach has a hard time digesting things. It does not empt itself as a normal persons does. Therefore my stomach becomes irritated and everything comes up if youcatch my drift. Protein shakes allow me to eat 3 times per day vs. once or twice per day. This helps me to avoind binging during the times of day I can consume solid food.

I have seen plenty of claims for better ones. Just no actual numbers or facts.
  • toberdawg
    Options
    What are their reasons it is so "terrible"? Can you confirm the information or is it just opinion? I've done the research. I have friends in the medical field that have taken the info to their doctors (the ones they work for) and all have received the "thumbs up that it is good stuff. Even more, if it were crap or a scam, top people would not be jumping ship from Herbalife, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, just to name a few.

The body works correctly when it gets the nutrition it requires. Everything, all of the processes, including muscle building/repair, fat storage and release of it, all work the way they are suppose to when you feed the body right. It is a *nutrition* shake that provides you with 30% of your daily RDA per shake.

They are not stingy with the 3 for Free program. Heck, nobody wants to pay for it! You don't have to be a promoter to get your product free. Just a customer. I heard a statistic a few days ago, that ViSalus gives away *4 Million Dollars in Free Products Every Month.*

We should never be cheap on ourselves! You only have one body, so you need to take good care of it. I believe in terms of "protein" shakes, you get what you pay for. Be SURE to look at ALL of the ingredients, along with the sodium & sugar. You get what you pay for, and ViSalus does not use cheap ingredients. They have gone the extra mile to make their product something darn near everybody can use - diabetics (it's sugar free), people with gluten intolerance (it's gluten free), high blood pressure (very low sodium). Again, I'll give you the comparison sheets. Then you can go out and verify the info on your own.

I personally love it. I am just not willing to sign on with the company.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition brand is a cheap good one.

Each serving is 120-130 calories, 3g of carbs, and 24g of protein

cut that serving in half and you are getting your 12g of protein you wanted, less carbs, 60-65 calories, and it is yummy.
    Also its whey not soy, so much better.
  • shanerg70
    Options
    Whey protein isn't necessarily better. That is your opinion. Every body is different.
  • shanerg70
    Options
    I personally love it. I am just not willing to sign on with the company.

What do you mean by "sign on?"

Why in particular don't you want to become a customer?
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    Whey protein isn't necessarily better. That is your opinion. Every body is different.

It's not an opinion, soy is an anti nutrient and has many negatives when compared to whey.

Also everyone is not different. No unique special snowflakes. Especially about this topic :P
  • ToughTulip
    Options
    Also OP here is a link to a good product too
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/isofuel.html

Has 104 cals per scoop, 25g protein, 1g of carb, and no fat/sugar. Yummy too!

Optimum Nutrition you can get almost everywhere. Also pretty cheap. The chocolate mint one is soooooo good! tastes like thin mint girl scout cookies :D
  • toberdawg
    Options
    I dont want to be affiliated with the company becuse;
    - I dont want it automatically shipped to me
    -I can get it cheaper from amazon.com
    -I know a few people who joined the club/organization and never got free Visalus because they were not able to get the required number of people to order it.

Thank you SergeantSunsh I will look into that!