Boosting weight loss tricks

These are the little tricks I use when I want to lose weight

Exercise early mornings if I can and do light exercises before I go to sleep
Catch a cold shower after exercises. Your body has to work to keep your temperature up and burns calories to do so
Green tea, no sugar, helps melt fat, excellent for health
Lots of water, at least 2 L and 3 L if you have exercised
Always have low calories snacks around for when you are hungry, for example, berries, apples, bananas, flavoured ice cubes,cucumbers, carrots
Have at least one day a week where you treat yourself to something nice or go a 'little overboard' to motivate yourself again for eating healthy
Exercise 4 times a week
Try to avoid bread completely, substitute with cruscits
Eat as much vegetables as you can
get at least 9 hours of sleep in

Does anyone else have other advice :) ? I am currently trying to reach my goal weight, so any advice would be awesome !

Replies

• DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Thanks...great tips!!! I drink green tea but I sweeten it with Agave or sugar in the raw.
  • these tips are looking gud :) first carry on with this hope u achieve ur goal weight :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    ya seems decent .. sticking to the basics is the best when it comes to most things
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    thanks for tips I have never considered flavoured ice cubes, great idea! Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Nobody will ever be able to convince me that I should give up bread. :smokin:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    eat less, move more
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Thanks!
  • Angeliquecasique
    Angeliquecasique Posts: 26 Member
    heheh =) flavoured ice cubes. barely any calories and helps curb your hunger till dinner or lunch or just basic munching XD I use to take two fruit, blend them and then turn them into ice cubes =) I love bread as well, but I feel better if I eat no bread =) chillies are also good for the metabolism, but not recommended as much as it burns up your stomach if you have no ate yet 0.o
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    - hit my calorie and macro targets
    - don't get caught up in complicated rules and 'tricks'
    - log everything accurately
    - strength train
    - try to get enough sleep/rest
    - take a diet break every now and again and eat at maintenance for a week.
    - eat ice-cream every night

ETA: the title says 'boosting' - what do you mean by that?
  • Angeliquecasique
    Angeliquecasique Posts: 26 Member
    Ice cream XD sounds good :D
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Nobody will ever be able to convince me that I should give up bread. :smokin:

What do you substitute bread with???? If you say I can't have it, then that's all I want and I don't feel full if I don't have bread! HELP :)
  • Thanks...great tips!!! I drink green tea but I sweeten it with Agave or sugar in the raw.
    Agave is supposed to have a low GI, but is highly refined like high fructose corn syrup, and more often than not has a higher percent of fructose than high fructose corn syrup. You're better off avoiding the temptation for sugar altogether, or at least mushing up some berries or fruit in your tea to sweeten it.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Thanks...great tips!!! I drink green tea but I sweeten it with Agave or sugar in the raw.
    Agave is supposed to have a low GI, but is highly refined like high fructose corn syrup, and more often than not has a higher percent of fructose than high fructose corn syrup. You're better off avoiding the temptation for sugar altogether, or at least mushing up some berries or fruit in your tea to sweeten it.

What is wrong with it being refined? Also, what is wrong with fructose? You do realize that fructose is in berries don't you?
  • - hit my calorie and macro targets
    - strength train

Ice cream! :drinker:
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    - hit my calorie and macro targets
    - strength train

This lady knows her stuff. Take note!!
  • jakiram
    jakiram Posts: 25 Member
    Nice tips, thanks. <3

I live in Finland and I eat rye bread. Not much but some every day. Both dry rye crackers and some freshly baked, that gives me more fibers and keeps my stomach working. I also eat a little more protein after exercising than usually.

A good tip is to eat enough, if you eat too little your body will slow down your metabolism. Sometime it´s good to eat a big meal (like once a month).... maybe even something not so healthy (pizza) , it shocks your metabolism and I have actually started to lose again after weeks of not losing or losing just a pound or two.

Gaining muscles ingreases your metabolism and makes your body fitter so I recommend always to do strength training as well as cardio. But do remember take at least two days a week to rest from working out.