Best hair colour for cool pale skin?

Options
2»

Replies

• kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty pale too. (don't let my tan profile pictures from summer confuse you, there's pale ones in there somewhere). And I think dark is totally an option. (biased?) If you don't want to do straight red maybe a dark auburn? Or a red toned brown-black? If you're thinking lighter maybe a strawberry blonde? I think the red profile is good but maybe just not straight red.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I think dark brown, almost black, looks beautiful on a girl with pale skin
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I always go brown with a hint of red ;)

I agree. I think darker looks better on pale skin. Very shocking (in a good way) contrast.
  • _Dani_Girl_
    Options
    I have pale pink skin as well with dark blonde hair. At the moment it is dyed a dark chestnutty brown which works really well and stops me looking as pink. Also Dark red will suit your skin tones. I find the blonder I go the pinker I look lol... even though my hair was white blonde when I was younger :)

I could have written this!

I'm fair and was a very pale blonde growing up. I went to a dark warm brunette (with red/warm undertones) about 5 years ago (L'Oreal Preference #5 Medium Brown) and I get compliments all the time. I always felt washed out with pale skin and blonde hair. (I do have to color my eyebrows to match my hair now.) I LOVE my current color and will never go back to blonde. It looks so healthy and reflects light.

Reds can be difficult as the pigment washes out and fades very easily.

Stay away from colors with "ash" undertones, as they appear flat and drab with our pale skin.

Whatever you do, have fun with it! :wink:
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    RED!!!!
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    im a hairdresser and i find that dark copper or red copper is gorgeous against pale skin:)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I am extremely pale with brown hair. i currently have some lighter highlights in it and i like it. i used to color my hair really close to black for years and i loved it. I found it strikingly pretty especially with red lips. i just don't wanna go to the hassle of getting my roots done all the time so i'm going to stick to my natural hair color for a while. But i wanna try a reddish color someday!
  • herrhitman
    Options
    I think you'd look good with a dark brown. You'd probably look a lot like Björk (when she was younger).
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i think dark brown goes great with pale skin! i have dark hair and pale skin and i really like the contrast! it might be too much of a contrast for some though! i think red would go great too! actually i think any color can go well with pale skin! pale skin is soooo rare these days...it seems like everyone wants to be tan! rock your pale skin and be proud of it!:D
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    somthing about red hair on milky white women is hot.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Anything really since it'll be a contrast to your skin, I guess maybe not bleach blonde...
  • Jennikitten
    Jennikitten Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Red will look amazing on you :)
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm a natural redhead and with my super pale skin I look bad in red. Brings out the pink in me and I look like Miss Piggy. You definitely need warm colours, cold doesn't look good with snow white skin, so whatever you decide on, break it with some warm gold/honey highlights.
  • AngelaAwesome97
    AngelaAwesome97 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    reds and ashy browns i think look good with pale skin :)
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Auburn or Bronze underneath something that isn't straight red but has reddish tones in it and will make your face look warm. And gold platinum or a warmer platinum on top would look cool.