New to food processor

Options
2»

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think some people are making a joke!

"Processed food "is not the same as food that has been prepared using a food processor....if you see what i mean.

I used mine yesterday to make a really good salad - hard white cabbage, carrot, red onion, and a pear blitzed in the machine, then a drizzle of olive oil, and a splash of red wine vinegar to dress. Stir a handful of rocket (arugula) through to finish.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    google is your friend
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    somebodies might want to look into a new joke detector as well as a food processor.

but as to topic.

Peanut butter...so easy

Step 1: buy peanuts (roasted, unroasted, salted, unsalted, still in shell, whatever)

Step 2: put in food processor

Step 3: turn food processor on

Step 4: watch it make peanut butter

Step 5: enjoy said peanut butter

Optional: add whatever you like for added flavor in step 5, but you don't need any oil to get it all rich and creamy, just pulse till desired consistency. I like to add in some more peanuts at the end for extra crunchy, cinnamon and just a tsp of honey for some added sweetness. You can probably find it in my food diary and it is soooo much better for you than store bought, and less expensive! Keeps for a week out of the fridge and about a month in. My first batch lasted exactly 3 days. LOL
  • Jester522
    Options
    Subbed for answers! I love my food processor.

Get 2 packed cups of fresh basil
    1/2c olive oil
    1/2oz walnuts
    2 cloves garlic
    1tsp lemon juice
    oregano, salt, pepper, and thyme to taste

BAM! Fresh pesto. And so diet friendly.

Then boil a bunch of cauliflower, throw it in there with low fat cream cheese and that pesto, spin that bad mammajamma.
    BAM! Garlic mashed cauliflower. Move over potatoes, you have no place here.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    you had me at pesto, lost me at cauliflour:sick:
  • Hollybot2
    Options
    With half the stuff I have read on here over the past three years its hard to detect sarcasm! For a second there I thought all you people were crazy though. Ohh you wild and crazy guys! Any recommendations on what kind?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I love my ninja. I have the original one. Its been going strong for 2 1/2yrs. Used it originally to make baby food but have used it for making soups, protein muffins, and shakes. It gets used daily. Hope this helps. I've looked at some more expensive ones, but just can't stand the thought of paying hundreds of dollars when my ninja is wonderful.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    Humus
    Pesto
    Veggie purees for soups
    fruit smoothies or purees
    almond, cashew, peanut... butter
    Bean dips
    Salsa