Upset - Need to Vent!

Options

Replies

• lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You said "accosted." Did he put his hands on you or threaten to harm you in any way? If so, that's assault.

I've been to a cutco meeting. My uncle and best friend sold their knives. Their product is actually not bad. Their business practices are something else. You're buying the inventory that you're supposed to sell. If you can't sell, then you have to keep it. NuSkin and other businesses operate the same way.

I would also work with the school to have them banned from campus. They lure students off campus with hourly wages and then force them to buy their system. It's a bait and switch.

No he did not touch or assault. It was all verbal. I have no doubt that the knives are great. I just said that they were expensive... so expensive that they can be hard to sell. But yeah, I'm more concerned about his conduct than I am about the legitimacy of the company. And yes I will definitely work on getting him outta here. Definitely not going to be comfortable walking past that kiosk.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    That's very brave of you.
    If I were you, I would go to whatever school authority sanctions these booths and air your grievences.
    I assume your sources are reliable, so if they are, then there is no reason your school would not protect students.
    If you are uneasy about this, a call from your parents would probably make them dissapear even faster.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Had a guy do this sort of thing to me a week ago at Walmart......I knew it was a scam but I let him do his thing for 10 minutes and then said no thanks.....Don't want a job.

This week I went and saw him doing the same thing to another woman and I walked past her and said "Keep walking, he did this to me last week...It's a scam."
    She left him and he came flying out the door, told me to mind my business and then said "Nice cellulite!" (I was in workout shorts because I had just left the gym) This coming from a 200+ pound man to me
    I'm 5'7'' and 140. I run every morning then go to the gym and lift for another hour! Apparently he was pissed off that I ruined his schtick! Go tell on your guy....Totally out of line!
  • lizblizz2012
    Options
    You could stand there all day with a sign right next to him that says it's a scam and he has no right to stop you!

This is actually a great idea. Something I would totally do. I might just do it, just as a matter of principle.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Oh, gosh :(

Definitely complain. Get a few students together and sign a petition if you need be. That's NOT cool.
  • lizblizz2012
    Options
    Had a guy do this sort of thing to me a week ago at Walmart......I knew it was a scam but I let him do his thing for 10 minutes and then said no thanks.....Don't want a job.

This week I went and saw him doing the same thing to another woman and I walked past her and said "Keep walking, he did this to me last week...It's a scam."
    She left him and he came flying out the door, told me to mind my business and then said "Nice cellulite!" (I was in workout shorts because I had just left the gym) This coming from a 200+ pound man to me
    I'm 5'7'' and 140. I run every morning then go to the gym and lift for another hour! Apparently he was pissed off that I ruined his schtick! Go tell on your guy....Totally out of line!

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry that happened to you. :(
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I would have done physical bodily harm because he was following and harrasing me, and made me feel in danger. But thats just me, I'm not a nice person :happy:

Yes! Me too! Follow me and good things will not follow you!
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You also need to contact the campus police and file a report.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'd say the University is responsible for kicking his butt off campus. Whomever deals with security there should be contacted. Especially since he followed you. That is scary.
  • lizblizz2012
    Options
    That's very brave of you.
    If I were you, I would go to whatever school authority sanctions these booths and air your grievences.
    I assume your sources are reliable, so if they are, then there is no reason your school would not protect students.
    If you are uneasy about this, a call from your parents would probably make them dissapear even faster.

yeah, I just emailed the manager of student affairs. And I think I'll have my husband take care of it. If I told my parents they would FREAK out and blow it way out of proportion. Seriously. One time I got in a fender bender accident when I was in high school and the lady I hit called me a b**** and my dad when CRAZY on her. The police had to be called. But yes thank you for the advice!
  • JolieJemmaMomma
    JolieJemmaMomma Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think you were totally right! I hate how people seem to think it is ok to take advantage of people! Especially those who are probably already having a tough time money wise. You are a good person for trying to expose the facts. Would your college be willing to not allow them on campus anymore?
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Vector never seemed right. I had a friend do it too. She never said anything about being scammed, but she said it was hard to meet the quotas and very demanding. Hence I stayed away.

I think you should report it to someone. Customer service is important in any business/job. If he did that to you, I wonder if he does it to his appointments too if they were to say something like that...
  • Faithy345
    Faithy345 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I almost got scammed by Vector before for that same thing several years ago. I'm just lucky my parents were sorta in control of my life at the time and THEY knew it sounded fishy.. I think you were right for voicing your opinion where others could hear it, and I think that you should definitely do whatever you can to keep them from preying on more innocent people.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I did this right out of high school, too. I didn't really get scammed, but it wasn't worth it for me. I found out I do not have a very good personality to be good at sales. My best friend did it with me and really you can make good money if all the people you know can afford the knives. My family is not so well-endowed so most of the people I got referred to were also not so well-endowed. My best friend had the opposite results, all the people she got referred to could afford expensive knives.

BUT Cutco itself is legit. I absolutely adore the products, I just HATE selling them (or anything).
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Good for you for speaking up! And what an unprofessional reaction from the vector representative!

I would definitely contact your BBB and file a complaint.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    no your not over reacting you should report it. he shouldnt of followed you! creepy man x
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You could stand there all day with a sign right next to him that says it's a scam and he has no right to stop you!

This is actually a great idea. Something I would totally do. I might just do it, just as a matter of principle.

:) you're awesome
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing and you should be PROUD! Not too many people have the guts to do this .
    Good for you ! :flowerforyou:
  • vickij2
    Options
    I know this is off topic, but how do you get your ticker to show up? By the way, the guy is a creep. Report him.