Acid reflux in the mid morning

emmychaos
emmychaos Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I struggle eating breakfast every morning. I just don't wake up hungry and my stomach is typically upset in the morning. So I usually skip bfast for those reasons. But I realize I have to start eating Bfast so I force it. But when I eat bfast around mid morning I get wicked wicked acid reflux. Then I eat lunch and I am ok but then I get it mid afternoon again. It sucks so bad. Is this an acid reflux issue or an eating issue. I try to keep my calorie intake to 1800 a day and I exercise 4 days a week. What gives ladies??

Replies

• I had that problem...turned out i needed my gallbladder removed! I'm sure it's different for everyone...I like to say talk to your physician about your symptoms and go from there....you can never be too careful!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Emmy, try swinging by your local grocery store & picking up some acidophilus. The ones we have are strawberry flavored. I've had acid reflux problem for years, and the acidophilus helps balance it out a bit, or at least take the edge off. It's also helped that I've changed my diet dramatically (from cheeseburgers & taco bell 3-4 times a week to cooking food at home with fresh veggies every night)
    I also gave up milk, and cut way back on red meat. Every little change makes a big difference.

There are still some things that are triggers for me, like OJ & oatmeal (everyone always looks at me funny when I tell them oatmeal gives me heartburn). Figure out if it's just certain foods making your system angry, or if it's all foods in general. If it's all foods, try a liquid meal replacement like Ensure.
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Another thing to consider - do you use Splenda as a sweetner? I had switched to using that in my coffee, cereal, etc...and it is well documented as a source of acid reflux...Splenda was created by pulling a carbon atom out of the sugar molecule and adding in a chlorine atom...sort of like using pool water to sweeten your food...eventually it can lead to acid reflux in some people...I've switched to Sun Crystals (made with sugar and stevia) and although it's a 5 calorie packet, I can live with that instead of the terrible acid reflux I was experiencing...
This discussion has been closed.