How to look especially good before a big event?

Options
I'm not talking crazy lose 10 lbs in 10 days juice fasts or anything like that. But we all have days where we look a little better than others for whatever reason so what are some ways to insure that you'll look your best for a fast approaching event? Say, a vacation or a high school reunion or a wedding?

I'm going to a wedding this weekend and wearing a little fabulous dress so the last few days I've been especially diligent with what I eat and hitting the gym a little harder. I'm avoiding sodium and alcohol and drinking tons of water to get rid of any extra water retention. I'm planning on working out the morning of and maybe tanning a little to look even a little more toned.

Any other ideas?

Replies

• alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest everything you're already doing. Sounds like you got it covered! Have fun!
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    If you workout before, your muscles can retain water to heal themselves. I'm not sure how fast it works, but maybe actually take a day or two off of working out before.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I crotch-stuff
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I crotch-stuff
    Great idea! Do you feel this is gender specific or that it would be avant-garde high fashion if I tried it?

I am going back and forth on the working out. On one hand, there's retained water but on the other I'm pretty sure people that do fitness competitions and the like work out right before to temporarily look more toned, amirite?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If you workout before, your muscles can retain water to heal themselves. I'm not sure how fast it works, but maybe actually take a day or two off of working out before.

This. I had a reunion on a Saturday. I stuck to my normal schedule through the week until Friday. I rested on Friday and Saturday, watched my sodium intake and drank plenty of water and felt/looked great at the reunion Saturday night. My muscles were slightly more defined than normal (I hardly ever have 2 rest days in a row) and my stomach was nice and flat. Take 2 rest days for sure!