Neice's Wedding in July on the beach

Options
I am new here to MFP....and here is my story. I weigh 345 and I am only 5ft tall so you can imagine. I have room to lose some weight. I have always been overweight, but it wasn't until recently that it got out of hand. Stress does make you gain weight and so does having a child but losing a child will make you gain more if food is your comfort food, so here is my story. My neice decides that she and her current husband are going to renew thier vows on the beach in July. I am determined to lose at least 50 pounds by then. I don't want to look like beached whale when I go to this thing. My sister-in-law and neice are both doing this with me, so I am not alone. We have a jar and it cost $1 to be in the club and then if we gain a pound; we have to add a dollar. At the end, we are going to split the money for a new outfit for the wedding. I have only started this three days ago and so far it is going good. I have worked out everyday for at least 45 minutes and I have kept my calorie count down. below the recommended amount. My weigh-in is on Monday so wish me luck. I would love to lose at least 100 all together but I know I probably couldn't reach that goal but July. I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can do this but it takes lots of time. I loose weight very slowly. Took me about 2 years to loose 43 pounds. Being that you weight more than average, I would make sure u are eating enough calories, possible see your doctor. Loosing weight too fast would not be good and maybe a doctor can refer u to someone. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
  • ecoker06
    Options
    you are very inspiering....good luck!!!!!!!!This process is not easy but it seems like you have the strength and the drive to make it!!!!!!!!!!! make sure you keep up on the site it really REALLY helps!
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can do this!