Fasting to change your sleep schedule

Options
One of my major challenges is my sleep schedule, no matter how many years I have worked a normal 9-5 work day (more like 9-6 sometimes 7 or 8) lol, my body wants to sleep from 4am to noon… I have tried many times to change it. I am wide awake when I should be going to bed and I am half asleep yet pepped up on caffeine for the majority of my work day, on weekends I get my chance to sleep in but usually end up staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning so it’s not really helping my problem. I came across this article today and thought I might give it a try…

“Not eating for 12-16 hours can help people quickly reset their sleep-wake cycle, according to a study from the Harvard Medical School. This discovery can drastically improve a person's ability to cope with jet lag or adjust to working late shifts. (See also: Tips for Sounder Sleep at Hotels)
Scientists have long known that our circadian rhythm is regulated by our exposure to light. Now they have found a second "food clock" that takes over when we are hungry. This mechanism probably evolved to make sure starving mammals don't go to sleep when they should be foraging for food.
The lead researcher Clifford Saper explains:
The neat thing about this second clock is that it can override the main clock...and you should just flip into that new time zone in one day.
It usually takes people a week to fully adjust to a new time zone or sleeping schedule. To think that this new "food clock" hack can help you change your internal clock in one day is mind boggling.
How Do You Use This Trick?
Simply stop eating during the 12-16 hour period before you want to be awake. Once you start eating again, your internal clock will be reset as though it is the start of a new day. Your body will consider the time you break your fast as your new "morning."
For example, if you want to start waking up at 2:00 am, you should start fasting between 10:00 am or 2:00 pm the previous day, and don't break your fast until you wake up at 2:00 am. Make sure you eat a nice healthy meal to jumpstart your system.
Another example: If you are traveling from Los Angeles to Tokyo, figure out when breakfast is served in Tokyo, and don't eat for the 12-16 hours before Tokyo's breakfast time.
Combined with other hacks to help you get more sleep and be more productive, you can quickly adjust to any time zone.”

I am just curious to peoples thoughts on it or if anyone else has tried it and if so was it successful.
I know we have some people on fasting schedules… do you find this to be true?