Options

Replies

• Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    It happens...drink more water today.
  • happythermia
    Options
    I am having that day today. People keep bringing in treats, and somehow, I just cannot say no to them today. Not usually a problem, but its been a tough week and just don't know how I'm going to get this lifestyle (not diet) back under control again.

tomorrow is a new day! :-)
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    I dont diet, I eat everything in moderation and try to do some exercise most days. When I have a day when I eat a lot and dont exercise, I make sure I eat better the following day, drink more water and have a good sweaty workout. As long as I know that my good days are more than my bad days im happy. And there is certainly no guilt attached to my eating habits anymore, been there done that and it gave me food issues so im happy where I am now.

Seriously, its no big deal just do better tomorrow.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Better to blow your diet than your drug dealer

Is that where I've been going wrong??
  • ciobair
    Options
    move on. Don't use that as an excuse to blow it again today and tomorrow.

It's one day, no matter how much you ate, you'll easily get over it.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I was pretty hungry most of the time on 1200 calories too, so I decided to up my calories a bit, and felt much better.
  • Marksman21
    Marksman21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    A day won't kill ya. Sure you'll do a little damage, but having days like that is perfectly normal, don't beat yourself up over it.

Half the reason we all diet and exercise is to enjoy these kind of things and live long enough to continue enjoying them. Don't sweat the small stuff, you're fine, you'll have days like that again, don't fret them, enjoy them!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Hey, hey hush now! :angry:
    Come here girl. What can I sell you?:love:
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to hurt! Just dont do it again for another week or two.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Next time it happens eat more but make sure your choices are still healthy. Sometimes your body is telling you to eat more for good reason but it can't make you eat the bad stuff!!
  • rickerred12
    Options
    I was so hungry and ended up eating more than I should and not very good stuff. Today I'm back on it, but I can't afford to have days like that anymore. What do you guys do on days that you're hungry and tired that keeps you focused on your diet?

Got some good news for ya, you can't blow a meal plan (diet is a bad word) in one day. We all fall off the wagon. If you want do an extra 10 - 15 min / day on the treadmill for one week, I bet you will feel better about yourself. if you don't already.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Sometimes we think we are hungry, when really we are just thirsty. Go for a walk. Sometimes we eat out of stress or boredom and need something to distract us. Whatever you do, it's done and over, so don't beat yourself up about yesterday. Today is your new day. >hugz<
  • embracingmycurves
    embracingmycurves Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Last time I blew my diet it didn't even say thank you. We don't speak anymore.
    LOL!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    You're going to be hungry sometimes. Just count your calories and deal with it.

I agree with this. I've started to not really enjoy the feeling of hunger occasionally, but it doesn't really bother me anymore. You can also try intermittent fasting which can help with satiety.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
  • heidi10537
    heidi10537 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A day won't kill ya. Sure you'll do a little damage, but having days like that is perfectly normal, don't beat yourself up over it.

Half the reason we all diet and exercise is to enjoy these kind of things and live long enough to continue enjoying them. Don't sweat the small stuff, you're fine, you'll have days like that again, don't fret them, enjoy them!

Hadn't thought about it that way. Good point. Akin to saving all sorts of money and not having the time or energy to spend it. Tomorrow, we begin again, until the next time.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just break up.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Don't blow on the blow, man.
    A day in the life of a diet..screw the diet it's a life change.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Did you have a Slurrpie?
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    IT happens! "bad" days, celebrations, holidays, we ALL have them. Just don't do it EVERY day or even MOST days. You can always make up for it by eating leaner or exercising a little more the next day. ONE day isn't going to derail the whole process.