Ladies: Do you color your own hair?

Options
If so, has anyone tried eSalon?

Replies

• S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    No idea what esalon is but I do dye my own hair. I don't do anything fancy with it anyway, just dye it black. Why go pay someone lots of money when I can go to Sally's and buy all the stuff there? :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My hair is dyed. I pay someone to apply it, tho. They serve me wine, I read my book, and someone is playing with my hair. It's orgasmic.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of esalon either.

I get it done professionally if I'm getting highlights or going lighter.
    I'll dye it myself if I'm going darker.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I've been dying my hair consistently since I was 13. In those years I've paid someone to do it about 4 times (this includes cut - I still do my own.) I'm very picky and cheap - $8 every 6 months or so. :bigsmile:

I'll have to check out esalon - never heard of it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No idea what that is but I've done it at home before. Never again. I have too much hair and some spots were not colored. I leave it to the professionals. But I'm crazy when it comes to my hair.
  • rickerred12
    Options
    I don't have any hair, oh wait I am a guy.:smile:
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I could never color my own hair since I am basically bleaching it out. (well, I get highlights, and lowlights)

If you have lighter hair, you can usually safely color your own hair. People who have dark hair and want it lightened, should go to a salon.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Totally dye my own hair. But, like the others said, no clue wat esalon is.
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    Just googled esalon. Its a product vendor. Meh...bleach and tone is how I roll.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I used to dye my own hair when it was black, that's easy.

Now though? I have gone lighter and trying to get the black out? Yeesh, no, I won't dye it myself now.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I work in a hair salon so my coworkers do it when they're not busy. Its a rarity cause were slammed this time of the year. But I do color my own hair at home when i cant get it done at work.

I have naturally dark hair.. brown with auburn tones because of summer highlights. I'm trying to be a ginger but going red is a toughy and fades sooo fast even being a professional I know this.
  • hunter624
    Options
    No mine's naturally Grey.

:drinker:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If it's one solid color, I dye my own.

If I'm bleaching and adding some unnatural bright colors or anything in it (which is often), I let my roommate do it, who is in cosmetology school
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've been dying my own hair for years. I saw an ad for esalon and checked it out. They gave me a color "profile" based on my answers to questions about my skin, natural hair and eye colors The program would not let me choose any color they had not determined was a good color for me, so I didn't buy from them. I like to choose my own color and it IS a few shades lighter than they are telling me I should use. I'm in my 50's and a former hairdresser. I KNOW that for my age, I shouldn't go too dark or the wrinkles contrast starkly with the dark hair. Esalon's choices seemed to go against that. I wasn't too impressed with their color selection for me.
  • E_H9
    E_H9 Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes. I used to dye it red, but I dye it black now.
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    <~~~ pays way to much $$$$ !!

But im so addicted to being a bubbly bleached out / toned out blonde!! HELP!
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    I dye my own hair, it's just so much cheaper. Never heard of esalon though.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm currently bleach highlights colour-wise so I go into a salon to have that done. I can do it myself but can't get enough foils in the back so prefer to have it done properly. But when I've been brown or red I've done it myself at home, it's easy enough to do when it's one colour all over. That said I did work in a salon for 5 years and then worked for Wella for 5 years so I know a thing it two about colouring hair.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I've been dying my hair since I was 17. My natural hair color is dark brown. I have been blonde, I have had highlights. I have been burgundy, I think I have been every color in between except pink, blue, purple lol. I use to pay a beautician to dye my hair but I dye it myself. I go to Wal-Mart or Sally's and buy my color and dye it. I need to dye it again soon.
  • jeceke
    jeceke Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've never had to dye my own hair. I'm fortunate enough to have a hairdresser for a sister. And after seeing a couple of streaky home jobs this last weekend, it just reassures me that I'm doing the right thing. lol