Chinese for my bday tomorrow - what to order?

Options
Alright, I am celebrating my birthday tomorrow and am planning on having my cheat day eating chinese! YUM! One delema though, I don't want to go WAAAY overboard and am wondering what I should eat! I plan on heading into dinner with a 1200-1400 calorie eating spree, but still want to be somewhat responsible with my choices!

I was planning on WonTon Soup and A Shrimp in Garlic Sauce or Beef and Snow Peas...Then cake later, of course (SMALL PIECE!)

What do you think? Do you have any better ideas?

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese food and your better off getting nothing fried.... Stay away from Noodles , rice unless where are going has brown rice. and remember soy sauce is high in sodium... If you know where your going maybe see if they have a online menu that shows how many calories are in everything or google it and then enter it into your food log and see how much it comes out to and then you can play around with different menu items and see which one is best....
  • WhatAWaist
    Options
    steamed vegetable......plain white rice (in moderation) and hot and sour soup are all healthier options. The sauces are the things that really add on the calories. :bigsmile:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your birthday .............eat what you want!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! THAT SECOND WEBSITE I POSTED FOR YOU IS AMAZING..... It shows calories, fat, sodium everything in main chinese foods and soups Hope this helps you ...

by the way

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mama22girlz
    Options

What she said. Happy Birthay :)
  • freedMan
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options

What she said. Happy Birthay :)

Yeah, you only have 1 birthday a year!!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! It's my birthday too ;-)
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Damn right. Eat what you want. Happy Birthday.

Look at it like a math problem. Say you really want something that has 2000 calories, but you settle for something with 1300. You saved 700 calories, UNTIL the craving gets to you and you go back and order the 2000 calories some day soon. Now you are 1300 higher than you would have been had you just ordered what you wanted in the first place.

See, scientific justification to enjoy your birthday meal :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

Look at it like a math problem. Say you really want something that has 2000 calories, but you settle for something with 1300. You saved 700 calories, UNTIL the craving gets to you and you go back and order the 2000 calories some day soon. Now you are 1300 higher than you would have been had you just ordered what you wanted in the first place.

chgudnitz, this could be the smartest, most down-to-earth, honest answer ever. Brilliant!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

chgudnitz, this could be the smartest, most down-to-earth, honest answer ever. Brilliant!
    Thank you very much. :drinker: