yougurt ideas...

Options
Hi All,

I really enjoy a 6 oz container of Tillamook marionberry yogurt mixed with a 1/4 cup of grape nuts for breakfast in the morning, but there is so much sugar in the yogurt!
Does anyone have any suggestions for a yogurt, preferably marionberry (or some berry) with minimal chunks that are also lower in sugar?

Thanks, I sure appriciate it!

Replies

• jodster2468
    jodster2468 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could do a plain yogurt smoothie. With frozen mixed berries and splenda. And maybe add some protien powder.
    Jodster:flowerforyou:
    Good job on your weight loss.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I don't know how true this is, but the low carb websites I also frequent state that there is a "sugar exception" with yogurt...........The studies say that the sugar in yogurt is "eaten up" by the live cultures.

But, plain yogurt is best with some fresh fruit added in..................That way you know the sugar in it is natural from only the fruit.
  • moryish
    moryish Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you go the plain yogurt with berries route, but don't like the tartness of regular nonfat plain yogurt then I recommend you try nonfat greek yogurt. I really like The Greek Gods Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt. It has only 7g of sugar per serving.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I used to force myself to eat the flavored lowfat or fat free yogurts and finally decided that I hate yogurt. Until someone gave me a parfait made with plain yogurt, granola, honey and berries. It was amazing! I can't believe the difference in taste - I don't get that yucky bitter aftertaste that I did with the flavored yogurts. Now it is one of my 2 my breakfasts of choice (oatmeal with cinnamon & honey being the other). I use the regular full fat version (3.3% milkfat) because the lowfat and fatfree taste awful to me. But I only have 1/2 cup, and once its mixed with 1/2 cup of lowfat granola and lots of fiber rich and low calorie berries it is very filling. And I believe the sugar in yogurt is lower on the glycemic index, although don't quote me on that...