Popcorn bad for you?

Is airpopped popcorn with nothing on it bad for you? This is my go to dessert and I usually add a few raisins and almonds with it. Could this be stalling my weight loss? I have it about 2-3 times a week.

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Nope.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I don't think so - I eat air-popped popcorn (which I then slather with real butter) about five times a week.
  • No, but it looks like you eat a lot of fruit & carbs and not very much protein. That could be part of your problem.
  • No - eating it in moderation won't and if you count it in your calories, you'll be fine
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    No one food is bad for you.... If you eat everything in moderation.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Is airpopped popcorn with nothing on it bad for you?

No.
    Could this be stalling my weight loss? I have it about 2-3 times a week.

Excess calories could stall your weight loss. Water weight/fluctuations in non fat mass could stall your weight loss or at least mask it.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    No. It's a good snack.

Looking at your dairy you have a good amount of days that you don't eat more than 500 calories. I saw days ranging from 300-800 calories. There are some days you are closer to your goal, which is good. But I would look into that instead of thinking it is the popcorn.

Also, you don't have a lot to lose so 2 pounds is pretty good so far.

Just keep being honest with yourself and what you are eating, try and meet or come closer to your goal, and stick to it. Since you have 14 pounds to lose, I wouldn't set your weekly goal to lose more than a half a pound. You will see it will come off faster that way and not to mention healthier.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    I don't think popcorn is "bad" and I really like it. I probably have popcorn at least four times a week. My wife and I often split a bag of microwave popcorn, no butter. I have also gone to quite a few movies lately, and every time I've had popcorn, sans butter, and so far I have lost weight quickly and consistently.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I usually have popcorn every night.

as long as the popcorn calories aren't taking away from much needed nutrients..
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    No. It's a good snack.

Looking at your dairy you have a good amount of days that you don't eat more than 500 calories. I saw days ranging from 300-800 calories. There are some days you are closer to your goal, which is good. But I would look into that instead of thinking it is the popcorn.

/\ /\ THIS.
    /endthread
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Is airpopped popcorn with nothing on it bad for you?

No.
    Could this be stalling my weight loss? I have it about 2-3 times a week.

Excess calories could stall your weight loss. Water weight/fluctuations in non fat mass could stall your weight loss or at least mask it.
    ^This.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    I'm surprised you are still alive! whew!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Is airpopped popcorn with nothing on it bad for you? This is my go to dessert and I usually add a few raisins and almonds with it. Could this be stalling my weight loss? I have it about 2-3 times a week.

It's bad if you eat it plain. It's sole purpose is a mechanism to transport yummies like butter, caramel and chocolate into your mouth!