does anyone else have days were they are starving?

Options
I have days were I am starving and feel like i could eat all day, does anyone else get that? if so what do you do?

Replies

• IrshRnr56
    IrshRnr56 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes, especially two days after a good outdoor run. I have to get more calories on those days--try for fruit.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I had one of those today too. I stuck to my plan but I'm still hungry! Hungry when I woke up this morning, am about to go to bed and am still hungry :(

I hope someone else has an answer to this!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I call them hollow days, after reading the term in the first Hunger Games book. Before that I called them bottomless pit days.

I know when one will come every month, so I plan for it by prepping lots of low calorie snacks like veggies, so I can feel like I'm eating all day long but not filling up on calories.

When one hits that's unplanned, normally I just drink extra water, find some gum or some mints to occupy my mouth, and typically just tough it out using sheer willpower.

Though, occasionally I just give in and will eat my TDEE that day instead of at a deficit.
  • caseyg9888
    Options
    Hot tea. Lifesaver.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I'm sure we all do, I find eating several things helps me stay fuller longer than eating one thing high in calories, for instance a bowl of cereal leaves me wanting more so for me I had to figure out what foods helped me stay full longer
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Yes....yes and yes...sigh. I try to control it, but usually having one day where I go over a bit, tends to stop the cravings and curb the hunger. Might just be the guilt.