Anyone do a boxing workout

Options
I would like to join a boxing workout but I don't know if I could handle it. Anyone ever tried it out? Is it fun or super hard?

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Both :smile: It is super hard but totally worth it. It's a great cardio workout and tones your arms and great for core strength too. You'll need to start out a bit slow and will find it very challanging to begin with but stick with it and you'll see great results. Make sure you go somewhere where they can teach you the proper punching technique.
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    thats my primary focus.

Its going to suck but stick w/ it and you will see the results. it will prolly suck for 3-6 months :)
  • mia840
    mia840 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hard. Fun and worth it :) good luck!!
  • KatieBug0522
    Options
    I joined "Title Boxing" and OH EM GEE was it intense. For me I was pushed by my friend to do it 5 days a week which seriously burned me out and I was exhausted all the time because my body wasn't use to that kind of a kick your a** workout. I'd suggest it, but I'd ease into it! It's a lot of fun and they seriously work every muscle of your body. You'll walk away after every workout hurting in places you didn't know could hurt, but it's worth it. :) I also found that I didn't lose weight, I put on weight but lost inches.
  • binkydo123456789
    binkydo123456789 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i do a boxing class once a week and LOVE it---I wish it was more often
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I would like to join a boxing workout but I don't know if I could handle it. Anyone ever tried it out? Is it fun or super hard?

It's hard but super fun. Sparring is really hard. Expect injuries sometimes though. LOL. My husband insisted I stop, doesn't like a wife with black eyes and bloody noses. What an awesome workout though, and good training to have in your back pocket. :)
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I joined "Title Boxing" and OH EM GEE was it intense. For me I was pushed by my friend to do it 5 days a week which seriously burned me out and I was exhausted all the time because my body wasn't use to that kind of a kick your a** workout. I'd suggest it, but I'd ease into it! It's a lot of fun and they seriously work every muscle of your body. You'll walk away after every workout hurting in places you didn't know could hurt, but it's worth it. :) I also found that I didn't lose weight, I put on weight but lost inches.

Hey, that's where i go!! i love it! i have been going almost 2 years, 4-5 times a week. total body workout. it's the only workout i have stuck w/ and actually got results.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you can do a boxing workout at home? Any guidelines or dvds that have a good one??
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    lol.

hai guyz! i want to do a work out, but not if it's hard!!!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Its so much fun! I do it athe gym with a trainer, at the PCYC which is the bests with the police there fantastic (Im actually cancelling my gym and going there more) and at home if you fitness evolved 2012 xbox kinnect, thats a great starter and awesome for at home. Just Do It - Dare you not to get addicted :)
  • KatieBug0522
    Options
    That's awesome!! Then I need to go with you then because I just lost motivation in that place lol. I've been wanting to go back but would like a Title buddy to do it with!!! Which one do you go to? I went to the 119th one
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I say try it and see if you like it. I tried it and thought it was a blast but it will work you. I Say go for it.
  • smokedragon97
    smokedragon97 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Give it a try - they only had boxing twice a month where I am at currently, but it was a definitely a great workout! I will be looking for a more regular schedule when I get home next month to become more active in it. Also how to properly punch is definitely something to learn; I'd most likely would have broken my wrist otherwise if I had ever gotten in a real fight before now!! :bigsmile:
  • MizKittyB
    MizKittyB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do the Boxing group classes at my local LA Boxing -- you'll get out of it what you put into it. When I really push myself, it is an INTENSE workout I'll feel for days. Other times, I just don't have that drive/energy and it turns into more of a moderate workout than an intense one (if that makes sense). Go to a few, see which instructors 'click' for you. Some will break down the moves slowly, others won't. I'm a klutz, so the more carefully they demonstrate, the better results I get from my workout.

It's also great when you're angry about something and you visualize the bag as the target of that anger. Gets it alllll out. (I'm usually imagining the d-bags that cut me off on the way home from work. I hate driving.)
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If you have a bag, you can buy MP3s that call out the combinations and do the workouts at home.
  • ljdsmith
    Options
    I kickbox. u can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour. the first class was very intimidating just because i didnt know what i was doing but the coaches generally seek u out and give u tips. After the first class i was in soooo much pain BUT i was in love with the sport. i have been addicted ever since! most places offer a week for free see if u have a ilovekickboxing facility in your area!:smile:
  • manwithpans
    manwithpans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We have a kickboxing class at the Y where I go but I don't know if I can do the Kick stuff due to my knee. (I have a repaired quad tendon ripped it of my knee and year or so ago and it will never be 100%)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    yes iv done mma workouts very similar , intense ... thing is that its pure intensity, i would reccommend doing it twice a week max if u not used to high intensity training.
    on other days just do jump rope , punch the bag etc for around 30-45min
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Use to do fitness training at a boxing gym about 12 years ago, fittest i've probably been until maybe now. Am looking to start up again, but depends on my rugby training. If this drops to 1 night a week I will definitely start boxing training again, hard as well but definitely worth it.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I take a weekly kickboxing class. It's a blast, plus a great workout. Plus it will motivate you to train harder durng the week so you won't tire out so easily at your class.