new kid on the block...

Options
Hey gang,

So I've been plugging away my calories for about a week now and, as many others, have really become more aware of everything I'm putting in my mouth!
I've also joined the local YMCA (along w/my fella who doesn't need to lose a single lb. but it's nice to have a workout buddy).
Everything seems to be going well so far, and I'm hoping with the help of this website and the handy dandy iPod Touch app, I can keep it up!

I'm 28, work full time in a music venue (so I'm moving around a lot), and recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I've never been "skinny" or "thin" and really appreciate my curves, however I started noticing my curves turning into, uh, blobs. ha! I played roller derby for 3 years and after I retired I started packing on the pounds.

I know that people with thyroid problems often have trouble with weight, so I'm determined to not keep me down.

Not married, no kids. Just a 20-something living in the city, going to concerts & bars and always keeping busy.

Let's be friends, ok? :)

Replies

• taneeshab
    Options
    WELCOME !!!
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    You said roller derby, so that right off the bat your pretty kick *kitten*. I always wanted to do that. Hypothyroidism means you are automatically dealing with a slower metabolism. I joined this site fairly recently and think its great. The data base will help you determine what food gives you energy and what you should stay away from. I hope to hear from you again and see your success.
  • acureese
    acureese Posts: 169
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I joined earlier this week too and am loving it so far! That's so AWESOME that you did roller derby!! :)
  • brismi
    brismi Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    Yeah, 3 years as a derby girl was great, but it's really hard on the body (my knees are not in great shape). It's a fantastic workout, though!