selecting treadmill for MFP

Options
What do I put a workout on a treadmill under on MFP? I incline it to 4% and walk at a fast pace (6.5) for 1/2 hour. There is no treadmill selection besides "stair-treadmill" but I think that is different???

Replies

• becnaffine
    Options
    anyone?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd just log it as walking.
  • narrawallee25
    Options
    i use a hrm and log that
  • mrsimon302
    mrsimon302 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    6.5mph is walking for you?! that's amazing! uhhh.. well on my runs, according to my GPS watch, the incline of the course doesn't effect the calories burnt.. its all distance. so just take your speed and time and put that in the app.. probably as running, since that's a running pace for most.
  • becnaffine
    Options
    I doubt it's 6.5mph. The 6.5 is just the level setting on the treadmill. We work in kilometres here in Australia anyway :)
  • mrsimon302
    mrsimon302 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you still get a distance reading right? you can take your time and figure out your pace.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I use the "stair-treadmill ergometer" choice, and then just plug in my time and cals burned from my HRM.

I've found that the cals burned figures were fine for the first few times on MFP, but as soon as I starrted varying the time the cals burned really went haywire and that convinced me to buy an HRM.
  • becnaffine
    Options
    Thanks for everyones input. I don't have a HRM and the computer on the treadmill doesn't give the amount of calories burned. Just thought there might be another option in the MFP list that I am missing for "treadmill".
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I list mine as walking and just try to get it as close to what I was doing. I want a HRM so bad.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    MFP generally just uses speeds (like 3.0, 3.5) for the settings. I've been using an HRM for all of my entries recently as I don't trust the treadmill readings.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You could try this: http://42.195km.net/e/treadsim/

No idea how accurate it is though.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    when I do my treadmill workouts I have noticed that each mile (USA) is equal to about 100-120 cals and only small differences for extra speed, intensity, and your weight. The incline a little more difference. I was disappointed about this as it seems it takes alot more to go faster LOL. At any rate, these are estimates and each machine is different. Use it as a baseline. Most people do a fast walk at 3.5 to 4.0 mph. I break out to a run anything above 4mph. I have seen some walk at 4.5 but not many.