Foods after Oral Surgery

My husband had all four wisdom teeth pulled yesterday (only 20 years late). I got him flan, rice pudding, bread pudding, ice cream, yogurt and macaroni and cheese, all things he requested. He is already sick of sweet things. He forgot that he doesn't like many sweet things when he was giving me his list. He ate a small bowl of the mac and cheese for dinner and now I don't know what else to feed him. I have eggs for scrambled eggs but I'm not entirely comfortable with him turning on the stove during the day when I'm gone and he's not big on microwaved eggs. He's on painkillers and I'm afraid he'd forget what he was doing. What else is soft and squishy and microwaveable but not sweet?

Replies

• chickenz
    chickenz Posts: 101 Member
    Mashed potatoes n gravy
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Do you have Tupperware or plastic re-sealable containers? when I had my oral surgeries (when I was little they took out ten teeth and gave me T3 but didn't take them...pain threshold too high) and then had 2 impacted wisdom teeth but no stitches or nothing, just left the wounds open to heal.

Anyway, ahead of time mother made soft meals which she froze to be re-heated later, so overcooked pasta, mashed potatoes, soup...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Soup.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    After I got my wisdom teeth pulled Spaghettios were the yummiest thing ever and so easy to eat. The painkillers made me soooo sick but once I could eat - oh yeah Spaghettios!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    I have plenty of containers for leftovers. I left him two small containers of leftover mac and cheese to have while I'm at work. I hadn't thought about Spaghettios. He'd never had them before he met me but I introduced him to all my childhood favorites. Can you believe he'd never had Kraft Macaroni & Cheese? Or Velveeta? His mom was into all natural, all homemade foods. My mom had 5 kids and believed in anything all 5 kids would eat (within reason).
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Hot cereals, mashed potatoes, almost anything overcooked. It has been years since I had my wisdom teeth out. One was impacted so I remember it hurt quite a bit. It seems like I drank a lot of stuff because it really hurt to chew.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    I had mine pulled about a year ago and couldn't eat anything for a while because the painkillers made me sick. I did drink alot of protein shakes though. I seemed to be ok with that. Definately couldn't do any kind of sweets - was VERY sensitive.