the scale didn't move this week :(

Options
OK, I've been hitting the gym hard, I go 6 days a wk! AND keeping right below my calories???? WTH? I thought for sure I'd drop a pound, but NOPE. I'm feeling discouraged :sad:

Replies

• mevongkunthong
    mevongkunthong Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe this week you toned more than lost. That could be a possiblity! Also a good thing!!! I always have to remind myself that making muscle is just as good as losing the fat, because the muscle will help burn more calories. Good Luck and don't get discouraged because of one week!
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    If you are working out that much and you cut your calories too low then your body is in starvation mode and you will not lose weight.
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It is frustrating, but it happens to all of us. Just keep on, and it will move. :wink:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just lost .8 after 3 weeks of no movement....and yes it was very frustrating. but just stick with it. You will start to lose again. I thing our bodies go into a "readjustment" phase. (my terminology, lol)
  • dljochum
    dljochum Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hit a wall this week also while traveling. So upsetting.!! However, you might be trading weight loss for lean muscle and that doesn't necessarily mean you won't lose inches. I'm sure you will hit your goal and good luck!! : )
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? If you are working out that much you need to eat some or all of your workout calories.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    Tx everyone!! I have been eating what MFP suggest WITH working out. I hoping that it is that I'm building lean muscle now. TX again! always looking for some new MFP friends, send me a friend request if your looking for the same :smile: Oh & I'm in a much better mood now that I worked out this morning :heart:
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories though??