Zumba? anyone know what that is!! haha (fitness or dance)

Options
2»

Replies

• Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I smashed 10 lb in a month doing Zumba. It burns crazy calories for me.

wow awesome!!! I will try Zumba as well. Looks fun and I love to dance. Just have to be careful with my knee. the crutial ligament is broken but I will see how it will work.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a mixture of dance and fitness. Aerobic dance, if you will. I log it as high impact aerobics because it is pretty intense aerobics.

It is extremely fun, not just for dancers (thank God, because I have 2 left feet). You'll feel awkward and a little lost the first time, but still have fun and burn a lot of calories. Once you learn the routines it's even more fun.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lypptmge9i1roy4y5o1_500.gif
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lypptmge9i1roy4y5o1_500.gif

EVerywhere you loooooooooooooook
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I have the Wii game though...I'm not brave enough to do it in public as I'm sure I look like an idiot!! I've only been doing the beginner class 1 on the Wii (no. 2 has too much bouncing for my G cups!) but I think I might try the intermediate soon. I've also heard of Aqua Zumba...which sounds interesting, but if I'm not brave enough to do Zumba in public, as if I can do it in my bathers!

While it's part-dance part-exercise, it's definitely not just for dancers! A friend of mine who is a dancer actually hated the few classes she tried because she didn't like the lack of precision (it's all about fun, not about how well you're doing it) and didn't quite get the point of following someone else rather than learning a set routine and practicing it over and over. Her loss I guess!

Hmmm...I was thinking of going out for a walk, but maybe I'll go do a Zumba session instead!