HELLO EVERYONE!

Options
Hello everyone, I'm not exactly new with myfitnesspal but I am knew to the message board. Just wanted to introduce myself you all can call me JuJu. I am 21 years old and I have been a bigger girl all my life and of course I've been going through the battle of double digit clothing sizes for quite some time. Since my high school years I have been starting and stopping diets and working out, it gets really rough. I have a hard time staying on top of my motivation. This time I really want it to be different, I'm at my highest weight and I cannot stand it. I look at pictures from a maybe a year or two ago and even then my stomach was not as big, I had curves. I cannot stop again my biggest fear is that I will only gain more.

Replies

• gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    welcome JuJu.

Every thing has a beginning and you have completed the first step by starting. If you really want this time to be different you have the power to make it so. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi JuJu! Welcome to the message boards :)

I've gained and lost motivation countless times, and my weight's up and down like no-one's business, so I feel your pain! I'm in it for the long haul now, not just the quick fix, and I've got faith that it's going to work!

Feel free to add me if you're looking for a friend on here
  • JuiceyJeena
    JuiceyJeena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I want to thank you both for the encouraging words, and I will be adding you guys. Thanks so much !!
  • ladybug114
    ladybug114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome Juju! My advice would be to make your goal losing weight slowly and steadily... It's taken me years and years to accept that, instead of giving up when I don't see results right away. Enjoy the process, and celebrate every success :)
  • JuiceyJeena
    JuiceyJeena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome Juju! My advice would be to make your goal losing weight slowly and steadily... It's taken me years and years to accept that, instead of giving up when I don't see results right away. Enjoy the process, and celebrate every success :)

Thank you for your advice ladybug114, I tend to get obsessive about seeing the numbers drop on the scale, weighing myself everyday expect to see result instantly. I really need to face the fake that it takes more time than waking up the next morning.
  • MrsTre
    MrsTre Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's great that you're ready to deal with the weight gain. It can really be tough. But having support is very helpful. Stay encouraged!
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    Welcome.
    My "friends" always keep a level head and keep reminding it is a marathon not a sprint.

Ba steps and you will change lifestyle for the better.
    Good luck to you.
  • sunshinefrei
    Options
    Glad to see you on the message boards it is good for you to communicate how you feel. You can feel free to add me as a friend. I have an open diary for all my friends to see the good and the bad days as we all have them it is what you do after that, that can make or brake you. I would love to have you on my support team.
    Have a great day!
    Cheri