recipes for 350 calories or under meals??

Options
jorrie05
jorrie05 Posts: 4 Member
ideas please :smile:

Replies

• cheerchicksie
    cheerchicksie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com has some really good ideas! :)
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I usually go with half a plate of frozen mixed vegetables and 3 oz of whatever meat I want. Figures out about 300.. Nothing fancy but it fills the belly!
    I eat a lot of boca burgers too (70 cals) plus a light hamburger roll (80 cals) so 150, paired with a salad.. Again, not a recipe obviously, but good, quick, healthy meals. Just trying to help :)
  • jorrie05
    jorrie05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually go with half a plate of frozen mixed vegetables and 3 oz of whatever meat I want. Figures out about 300.. Nothing fancy but it fills the belly!
    I eat a lot of boca burgers too (70 cals) plus a light hamburger roll (80 cals) so 150, paired with a salad.. Again, not a recipe obviously, but good, quick, healthy meals. Just trying to help :)

which one do you have?? all the Boca burgers/chik'n are 140+ calories
    ooh... and on the Boca site they have recipes (just found that out)!!
    http://www.bocaburger.com/recipes.aspx
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I think they're the original ones, I'm in bed using my iPod so I do t want to go check lol :)
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    Portion control is really important for keeping your meals low cal. Almost every meal I eat is under 350 but I'm very careful with my portions. Use chicken and lots of veggies. I like to make a stir fry with broccoli carrot onion and green and red pepper, I cook it in a little bit of oil with minced garlic and soy sauce. You can cook the chicken separate then add it (i think it turns out better that way) then I get sweet and sour sauce from the store and use just a tablespoon or two. It's so good. Also make a chicken lasagna with whole wheat pasta noodles. mix low fat or part skim ricotta cheese with shredded chicken and spinach, roll into a ball, wrap a half cooked whole wheat lasagna noodle around it and top with marinara then bake for 10-15 mins. you could top with mozzarella too. Cook squash and zucchini with onion garlic and black pepper to go with it : ) that will def be under 350 if you don't eat a whole bunch. maybe 1-2 pasta rolls and 1/2 of the veggies.... you could make spring rolls too. I have TONS of recipes so message me and tell me what kinda food you like or what you buy the most and I'll give you some ideas =) I love to cook
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Caprese Salad .. a variation of sorts :-)

1 cup of raw, fresh cherry tomatoes (red or yellow or combination of both)
    2.6 oz mozzarella pearls (1 pearl to one tomato .. plus maybe 4 o 5 pearls if you like.. can use less too)
    2-4 large fresh basil leaves
    1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    2-3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
    Salt/Pepper to taste

Cal .. 344

In a bowl - count the number of tomatoes -- approximately 23-28 depending on size. Add an equal number of mozzarella pearls - a one to one ratio. You may add a few more or less if you desire. Break apart 2-4 basil leaves by hand over the ingredients.

Adding approx 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil - enough to cover everything slightly .. and balsmic vinegar. Toss/stir gently until everything is covered. Add salt and pepper to taste.

*Note - cherry tomatoes may be cut in half if desired. I leave them whole as they are generally small and bite sized on their own :-)

I'd add a picture .. but don't know how to yet in these forums :blushing:

edit: trying to add a picture:

recipe_13720322_75439.jpg
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Zucchini boats approx 83 calories a boat

2 meduim sized zucchinis, sliced in half length-wise and
    hollowed with a spoon.

4 0z 96% lean ground beef

1/2 cup red onion

1/2 cup green bell pepper

1/4 cup great value pizza sauce

3 cloves garlic

1/3 cup weight watchers italian four cheese blend
    shredded cheese

Boil zucchini for 1 minute
    place in a oven safe dish

brown hamburg, add garlic, onion green pepper, cook through
    add sauce, mix together.

scoop filling into boats, sprinkle cheese on top, cover with foil. bake at 400 degrees
    for 30-35 minutes
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    1. I take a chicken breast...beat it out flat then put asparagus and 1/2 oz of cheese roll up...so good & tender.
    2. Green pepper stuffed with the leanest ground beef with onions you can also add a few pinches of cheese
    3. Stir fry with lots of veggies...you can add a lean meat to it also
    4. a egg white veggie omelet., with pico, a little sour cream, and avocado...so yummy and right around 200 calories.
    5. I make a lasagna made with zucchini noodles...tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, and lean beef or chicken breast.
    6. Cod baked taco's wrapped in lettuce so yummy. Cabbage, pico, and a dab of sour cream.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com has some really good ideas! :)

This site may have just changed my life
  • pinkcoconutz
    Options
    Try EatingWell - http://www.eatingwell.com/
  • pinkcoconutz
    Options
    Also - Cooking Light - www.cookinglight.com/
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I need to keep these sites around, so I guess I say 'bump', huh? :)
  • mag104
    mag104 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ooooo thanks for those sites will have a nose later x
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Quesadilla

3 oz cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
    1 low carb, whole wheat tortilla
    1/3 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
    2 tsp cocktail sauce
    2 tsp fat free sour cream

Mix the cocktail sauce and sour cream on the side to use for dipping. Saute shrimp for a few minutes to get it warm, in the meantime, spray a large pan with fat free cooking spray and place tortilla on it. Top with cheese and shrimp and cook until both side of tortilla are slightly brown and/or cheese is completely melted. Enjoy with the dipping sauce on the side!

270 Calories!
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1. I take a chicken breast...beat it out flat then put asparagus and 1/2 oz of cheese roll up...so good & tender.
    2. Green pepper stuffed with the leanest ground beef with onions you can also add a few pinches of cheese
    3. Stir fry with lots of veggies...you can add a lean meat to it also
    4. a egg white veggie omelet., with pico, a little sour cream, and avocado...so yummy and right around 200 calories.
    5. I make a lasagna made with zucchini noodles...tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, and lean beef or chicken breast.
    6. Cod baked taco's wrapped in lettuce so yummy. Cabbage, pico, and a dab of sour cream.

These ideas are almost exactly how I eat! Loads and loads of stir fry with ****aki rice!!! and of course homeade egg drop soup (egg whites only with 5 calorie fat free chicken broth and baby spinach wilted in...add a little low sodium soy).
  • Erica_Rae
    Erica_Rae Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    BUMP