What time of the day do you work out?

Options
Hello everyone I'm pretty much new here, you all can call JuJu. I was wondering what time of the day do you workout. I tend to work out around lunch time but I feel like I rather work after dinner just to know I burned those calories off.

Replies

• Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am a first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach guy. I get up with my kid and within an hour we are at the gym. I find that if I miss my morning window life gets in the way and it is entirely too easy to be too busy to get in the workout, plus my gym only has daycare during certain hours. Since I am the main cook and the one who is home during the day at my house that mean I have to work it in while still getting stuff done.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I like to head to the gym right after work as it gives me time to turn off the brain and turn on the body before heading home for the evening. It works well for me.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Midday roughly. I'd love earlier but just not possible, I can't walk properly till at least 10am & by then I'm on my way out somewhere. So when I get home at lunchtime I do it right away. Only takes me just over an hour & then I'm done. Will also do it on an empty stomach... nothing worse than trying to run on a full stomach.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i'm like him ^^ i prefer to do my work out as early as possible in the morning, because you never know what your day is going to turn out like.

and you don't burn off the calories from dinner. it doesn't work like that. your body has to digest and process it and turn it into energy for you to use.

there is no "best" time to work out. it's all based on prefereance.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    Always in the morning. It works best for me, especially while I'm breastfeeding a newborn on-demand. :0)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I workout Any time I have available. Usually try to follow a schedule and for me generally morning is good but truly as long as your getting it done... Your good!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Workout 1 is from 6am for around 90 minutes & workout 2 is from around 4.30pm for another 90 minutes...I cycle commute 42+ miles a day
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    every other day 5.15am for my c25k run.
    sometimes I have enough energy for doing a workout right afterwards, like 30DS or any other thing.

sometimes I manage to squeeze in an early evening workout as well.

I work from home so my schedule is mostly flexible
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    5:30 a.m. - go for a swim in the mornings before work. on weekends - in the afternoon on a treadmill
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Around late morning to midday as I work nights so working out in the evening is not possible and very early morning I'm just climbing into bed after work.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    In the evening after work. It is what works with my schedule. Usually, when I am off, it is early afternoon... Just whatever works.