Bad day yesterday..

Options
So yesterday I was bad :grumble:

I had a bagel with butter for breakfast, Chinese take-out for lunch, and the worst was dinner! My girlfriends and I went to Bar Louie for dinner. We had pretzel sticks (i only had one), the 4 of us split chicken nachos...and then I ordered a cheeseburger and fries for dinner. The goooood news though, is I had a glass of wine instead of a 800 calorie frozen concoction, and I kept it at ONE glass. I also had about 3 big glasses of water at dinner.

But what I'm most proud of, even though I ate like crap yesterday, was that I stopped when I was full. I don't think I have ever in my life done that. I ate a handful of my fries, and half of my burger. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is actually a big accomplishment for me!

Hope everyone is doing well and stays on track throughout this weekend!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tbroens
    Options
    It's ok to eat like that occasionally. The most important thing is that you get back up on the horse the next day and work hard to stay under your calories and work out. Don't feel bad. I did the same thing last week. I looked in the freezer and saw that I had a couple portions of crab legs left over from a dinner we had the week before. I boiled them up and melted some butter and went to town. I felt so bad after but the next day I started from scratch. I lost 1.2 pounds that week..So don't get down on yourself. You're doing a great job! BTW- I LOVE Bar Louie! We have one in Carmel, Indiana near where I live and work and I can't ever turn down thier tater tots..they're the best!
  • jyt2573
    jyt2573 Posts: 80
    Options
    The fact that you stopped when you were full was the best thing you could have done. In my mind, that makes the difference between being on a diet and choosing a healthy lifestyle. Diets don't allow cheeseburgers or fries, and no one wants to live their whole life like that. You chose to have a great night with friends, splurge a bit with some fun food, but you kept the moderation in the forefront of your brain. It sounds as if you have this figured out and I say "BRAVO!" :flowerforyou:
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was bad
    No no, not "bad". You just weren't as good as you know that you can be! Don't beat up on yourself - think positive and move forward. :happy:
    Do well today for yourself.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! 500 calories over with a SALAD and shrimp appetizer (okay, I knew it was going to happen, but I wanted that darn salad). But just stay on track! And great job on the one glass of wine and extra water - that will help a lot :)
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I been into Dr OZ new book! It is so good and is really helping me . Last night was a hard night. I went out with the boss and some Customers. We hit a few bars and hit a steak house. I think I was way over my cals.